Rasnadi Kashayam (Kwath) - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Sahasrayogam, Kshaya Prakarna
Rasnadi Kashayam (Kwath) helps in curing rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis as it has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Rasnadi Kashayam (Kwath) is a liquid formulation.
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Stone breaker (Phyllanthus niruri)
- Malabar nut (Adhatoda vasica)
- Agaru/Eaglewood (Aquilaria agallocha)
- Shati/Ginger lily (Hedychium spicatum)
- Wild leadwort (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Purple nut (Cyperus rotundus)
- Chavya (Piper cubeba)
- Mountain knot grass (Aerva lanata)
- Indian Barberry (Berberis aristata)
- Bag flower (Clerodendron serratum)
- Pointed gourd (Trichosanthes dioica)
- Pushkarmool (Inula racemosa)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Porcupine flower (Barleria Prionitis)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
- Leadwort (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Wood apple (Aegle marmelos)
- Indian trumpet flower (Oroxylum indicum)
- English beechwood (Gmelina arborea)
- Rose flower fragrant (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Indian headache tree (Premna mucronata)
- Sal leaved desmodium (Desmodium gangeticum)
- Prishnaparni (Uraria picta)
- Brihati (Solanum indicum)
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
- Daru (Cedrus deodara)
Method of Preparation
Add 8 parts of water to these herbs and boil them till the amount is reduced to 1/4th part. Filter the mixture and store the filtrate in a clean container.
12 to 24 ml of this formulation can be mixed with equal amounts of water and consumed before meals.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- There are no reported side effects of this formulation.
- It should be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self-medication should be shunned.