Raupya-Makshik Bhasma - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Rasa Tarangini 21/19-20
Mashika Bhasma is of two types:
- Raupya Makshik Bhasma
- Swarna Makshik Bhasma
Raupya Makshik Bhasma
Raupya Makshik Bhasma, an Ayurvedic medicine, formed of from an ore of Copper and Iron Pyrite. It has bitter, sweet principles. It can act as an Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, piles, skin diseases etc. This medicine must be strictly taken only under medical supervision. It maintains the Balances of Kapha and Pitta Dosha. It consists of useful nutrients like iron and copper. And these nutrients are very essential components that keep the working of many biological functions in the body. Copper and iron both are essential for formation of Red blood cells (erythrocytes). Copper helps in the absorption of iron in the body and iron is necessary for the formation of hemoglobin.
- Purified Raupya Makshik
- Lemon juice
Method of Preparation
This Bhasma is prepared using purified Raupya Makshik through various different methods. Here is one of the method explained below:
Boiling purified Raupya makshika with lemon juice which is further dried. Then it is again ground with lemon juice, formed into cakes. The further step is of heating them in a closed container in absence of air at a temperature of 500 - 600 degree Celsius. This process is repeated for 10 times to obtain its Bhasma (Calx).
- It has aphrodisiac and anti-aging properties.
- Useful Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes.
- Also useful in helminthiasis (Intestinal worms).
- Eye diseases like burning sensation in the eyes.
- Urinary tract disorders as burning micturition.
- Hemorrhoids and bleeding piles.
- Skin diseases like Itching.
- Abdominal diseases and Anorexia.
- Insomnia and Headache.
- Inflammation and Poison.
- Anemia and Jaundice.
- Chronic low grade fever.
- Nausea and vomiting.
Take about 125 - 250 mg one or two times a day before or after having meals or as instructed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Self-medication of this Bhasma could result in risks to health.
- Have this medicine in accurate dose and for limited period of time, as directed by doctor.
- This Bhasma must be avoided in case of pregnancy, lactation and even in children.
- Store in a dry and cool place.