Role of Stress in Our Health and Importance of Healthy Mind
"Oh you are looking so fresh", these kinds of remarks can make your day, when your body feels good and rejuvenated.
Your outer body is a reflection of your inner world. Your inner world can be triggered by a hidden jitters and this jitter is known by a name, Stress.
Stress, you can say is an immediate response of your body towards some kind of reaction.
STRESSORS: BAD OR GOOD
Whenever, we talk about stress, we always see its dark side. This is not always true. Its dark side comes in existence when any stress crosses its limits.
Bright Side Of Stress:-
- High concentration
- You will be in excited mode
- A short term response
- Boost your performance
- Arises in conditions like during a new job, interview, marriage, in buying stuffs etc.
Dark Side Of Stress:-
- Disturbance in concentration
- Feelings of discomfort
- Either short or long term
- Puts you in physical or emotional stress
- Arises in conditions like if you lose someone, illness and unemployment etc.
WHAT IS THE CAUSE BEHIND STRESS?
In stress, hormones like epinephrine, dopamine and adrenalin begin to rise that cause physiological problems like high blood pressure, stomach problems and weak immunity etc.
IN WHICH CATEGORY YOUR STRESS FALLS, IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE
This happens for short time. This can be detected through the symptoms like:
- Loss of appetite
- Excitement and Loss of energy
- Cold hands and feet
- Rapid heartbeat sometimes
This involves those patients that frequently suffer from acute stress.
- Anxiety in long term
- Lots of worries
- Impulsive nature
- Hypertension and headaches
- Constipation or frequent diarrhea
- Cold hands and feet
This kind of stress occurs when there is long term of acute stress or long term exposure to stressors. This causes lots of problem in a person's life.
- High blood pressure
- Eating disturbances
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Concentration problem
- Short breathes sometimes
HOW YOU CAN MANAGE THIS DRASTIC ILLNESS?
So you can see, how stress can control our life, especially on mental level. Don't ignore and concentrate on its cure as soon as possible.
1. Do Meditation
- Meditation relaxes your mind.
- Helps you to find your inner self.
2. Do Exercise and Yoga
Release positive chemicals, endorphins and lower the symptoms of stress.
Just share your emotions, this helps you release your tension and improves confidence.
4. To do list
Keep yourself engaged in some kind of work. Make your pending lists or do your hobbies that make your mood and mind better.
5. Get a Proper Sleep
- Too little sleep causes irritability and anger.
- Too much sleep makes us sluggish and depressed.
- All things create stress, so sleep plays very important role to control stress.
6. Turn To Nature
Add herbs in your lifestyle that control the level of stress.
- Green tea
- Kava kava
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF HEALTHY MIND?
To control stress, depression, emotional health and to do regular works in life, healthy mind is very important.
A mental fitness involves agendas that help you to calm down, relieves stress and enhances strong memory power.
Other characteristics that shows your mind is on healthy track:
- High self-esteem
- High self confidence
- Control of behavior
- Pleasing and cheerful mind state
- Self-direction and productivity
- True perception of the world
HOW THESE CHARACTERISTICS AND A HEALTHY MIND IS BENEFICIAL FOR US?
- Good mental health improves quality of life.
- Maintains well-being of physical state.
- Easily handles the ups and downs of life.
- Helps us to make good choices.
- Keeps us away from diseases and ailments.
HOW TO KEEP A HEALTHY MIND?
- First to nourish brain, a proper diet should be there.
- The diet should be enriched with nutrients like trace minerals, vitamin A, B, C, D and amino acids etc.
- Always be positive.
- Play chess.
- Take good sleep.
- Keep learning something new.
- Stop taking alcohol and cigarette.
- Ayurvedic herbs like Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Shankhpushpi and Jatamansi are very important to make mind healthy.
- Try something new and keep changing your routine time to time to make it interesting.
- Play brain games like crossword puzzles, Sudoku, logic-reasoning and board games.