Rybelsus Side Effects & Safe Alternatives Of Rybelsus In Ayurveda
Rybelsus tablet (semaglutide) is useful for adults with diabetes Mellitus which controls the blood sugar levels. Diabetes is a prevalent condition which affects all age groups. Diabetes develops when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin, which results in excessively high blood sugar levels. Glucose is mainly coming from carbohydrates which are used as body energy. Glucose serves as a key to letting you get to your goal when it is present in your bloodstream, but when the pancreas does not utilize it properly, it builds up in the bloodstream and leads to high blood sugar (hyperglycemia). A rare condition which is known as Diabetes Insipidus is not related to Diabetes Mellitus. Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics are more likely to lose weight. We will explore the causes, symptoms, and Ayurvedic components of diabetes medication in this post.
Rybelsus tablets (Semaglutide) are useful in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus to control the blood sugar levels. It is also helpful in Weight Loss, helps lower the blood sugar level and decreases glucagon secretion. Semaglutide is a Glucagon peptide 1 receptor which helps control the glycemic control in type 2 diabetes. Semaglutide is developed by Novo Nordisk and was approved by FDA for subcutaneous injections in 2017. The tablets were introduced in September 2019. This medicine slows gastric emptying after eating. Semaglutide is a natural hormone which is in our body (incretin) which causes insulin to release and gives a response to high blood sugar levels and it is not used for treating Diabetes type 1. The subcutaneous injection is given once weekly and the tablet is administered once daily. Clinical trials show that this drug reduces the glycosylated Haemoglobin level and thus reduces body weight.
Mechanism Of Action
1. Mechanism of Glycemic Control
GLP-1 is a physiological hormone which promotes glycemic control which includes the secretion of insulin and slow emptying of gastric and reduces postprandial glucagon secretion. It directly binds the GLP-1 receptor which reduces the glucose effect in glucose dependent.
2. Mechanism of Cardiovascular Benefit with Weight Loss
Semaglutide is reducing the progression of atherosclerosis with decreased permeability and inflammation.
Route Of Elimination
It is mainly cleared by the kidney and excreted in urine and feces.
- Semaglutide reduces the HbA1c, systolic blood pressure and body weight.
- It decreases fasting and postprandial glucose by increasing the production of insulin and decreases the secretion of glucagon.
- It also lowers the Fasting triglycerides and VLDL Cholesterol and has a good effect on the cardiovascular system.
- Semaglutide is split at the peptide backbone, followed by the fatty chains.
- It occurs due to GLP-1 being metabolized by DPP-4 (Dipeptidyl peptidase) which is common in human tissues.
- This gets slowly metabolized in the plasm.
- Neural Endopeptidase (NEP) helps metabolize this drug.
- DDP-4 inactivates the semaglutide and cuts the N- Segment.
- Improves glycemic control
- Chronic management of the weight
- Slowing gastric emptying
- Reducing postprandial glucagon secretion
Side Effects Of Rybelsus
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Increase in Pancreatic enzyme (amylase and Lipase)
- Weight Loss
- Inflammation in Pancreas
- Allergic Reactions
Ayurvedic Overview Of Diabetes
In Ayurveda, Diabetes is referred to as Madhumeha/Prameha. It is due to an imbalance of Vata Doshas. And Diabetes Insipidus is due to Kapha Doshas. Due to imbalance doshas (Pitta and Kapha Doshas along with Vata doshas) block the channels which are related to Meda (adipose tissue) and Mamsa (muscle). Due to the obstruction of the Vata doshas, it transforms the sweet ojas into a sweet taste like honey. When Meda (fat) and Mamsa (flesh) and Shareera Kleda (fluid) along with Kapha Doshas enter the Basti (urinary system) causes Prameha.
Role Of Triphala In Diabetes
Triphala has many immense health benefits which are made up of Powerful herbs namely Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) and Bhibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica).
- Triphala helps stimulate the pancreas which promotes the secretion of insulin.
- It helps reduce the blood glucose level and causes stimulated glucose without converting the glucose into fat and storing it in the cells.
- Triphala is a rich source of Vitamin C, has antioxidant properties and has anti-diabetic properties.
- Has Rasayan Property which helps manage the blood glucose level.
- Triphala contains 3 main herbs which have many properties which are helpful in patients with Diabetes -
- Amla - Amla (Indian gooseberry) has anti-diabetic properties, which plays an important role in lowering blood sugar level and addressing nerve damage.
- Bhibhitaki - Bhibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) has anti-diabetic properties which have gallic acid which improves insulin resistance.
- Haritaki - Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) It is helpful in the secretion of insulin and reduces the degradation of fructose into glucose, which keeps the sugar under control.
Triphala Can Be Taken In Different Forms
Herbal Remedies By Planet Ayurveda As Rybelsus Alternative
Planet Ayurveda is an emerging US-FDA registered, GMP Certified 9001:2015 ayurvedic company which manufactures many herbal remedies which are given in the Ancient textbooks of Ayurveda which are prepared without any additives, Preservatives and materials which cause various side effects on the body. The products which are manufactured by Planet Ayurveda are without any adulterations. These Diabetes products from planet ayurveda help treat type 2 diabetes and are safer products which will not cause any side effects.
DIABETES CARE PACK
- DIA-BETA PLUS
- KARELA CAPSULES
- MADHUMEHANTAK CHURNA
- FENUGREEK CAPSULES
- DIA PLAN TEA
- Dia Beta Plus - The planet Ayurveda company created the polyherbal capsules Dia Beta Plus using the herbs Gurmar (Gymnema Sylvestre), Saptrangi (Salacia oblonga), and Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum) and more. It helps maintain the Kapha doshas and healthy glucose levels. revitalizes general health and increases physical endurance. stops the body's sugar levels from fluctuating.
- Karela Capsules - A single herbal capsule product called Karela Capsules is created by planet ayurveda using the herb Karela (Momordica charantia). aids in maintaining a healthy pancreas and blood glucose levels. Due to its bitter taste, it alleviates Prameha rogas. Improves digestion and appetite, and act as a laxative which stimulates lipogenesis.
- Madhumehantak Churna - Saptrangi (Salacia chinensis), Vizaysaar (Pterocarpus marsupium), Jamun (Syzygium cumini), and other herbs are used to make the polyherbal churna known as Madhumehantak Churna. alleviates diabetes and triggers the body to create insulin. supports the pancreas's healthy maintenance and general well-being. keeps the body's glucose levels in a healthy range.
- Fenugreek Capsules - A standardized Methi (Trigonella foenum-graecum) extract was used in the formulation of Planet Ayurveda's Fenugreek Capsule, a single herbal capsule. It helps maintain a healthy digestive system. It has an anti-inflammatory property which is helpful in healing wounds. Stimulates the appetite and is helpful in lactating mothers.
- Diaplan Tea - Diaplan Tea is herbal tea which is manufactured by planet ayurveda using Jamun (Syzygium jambolanum), Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Cardamon (Elettaria cardamomum) and more. It helps control healthy blood sugar and easy passage of urine. Has various antioxidant properties and the proper digestion of glucose.
Dosage : 2 capsules twice daily before meals with warm water.
Dosage : 2 capsules, twice daily after meals with warm water.
Dosage : 1 teaspoonful twice daily with warm water, before meals.
Dosage : 2 capsules, twice daily after meals with warm water.
Dosage : 1 Cup of Diaplan Tea, Once Daily.
Rybelsus tablet (semaglutide) is useful for adults with diabetes Mellitus which controls the blood sugar levels. Diabetes is a prevalent condition which affects all age groups. Diabetes happens when the blood sugar is too high, which develops when the pancreas does not make enough insulin. The subcutaneous injection is given once weekly and the tablet is administered once daily. In Ayurveda, Diabetes is referred to as Madhumeha/Prameha. It is due to an imbalance of Vata Doshas. And Diabetes Insipidus is due to Kapha Doshas. As per ayurveda, food nourishes the Rasa Dhatu and it nourishes Rakta Dhatu which further nourishes the Muscles. And in Obesity, there is a build-up of Meda (fat tissue) and Mamsa (muscle tissue) in the body. Further, we discussed the diabetes care pack from planet Ayurveda and the role of Triphala in Weight loss and in Diabetes in the article.