Reference: Sahasrayoga Lehaprakarana 7
Shatavari Guda is a poly herbal medicine effective in diseases caused due to vitiation of Vata dosha and Pitta doshas. It is a well-known Ayurvedic medicine available in herbal jam / paste form. It has extensive use in treating gynecological conditions, problems of urinary tract and liver complications. This medicine is prepared in jaggery base.
- Jaggery – 3.072 kg
- Juice extract of Shatavari – (Asparagus racemosus) – 3.072 liters
- Ghee – 768 g
- Sugar – 192 g.
- Mushali (Chlorophytum borivilianum)
- Gokshura (Tribulus)
- Black and white varieties of Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus)
- Vidari (Pueraria tuberosa)
- Long pepper
- Vanshalochana (Bambusa bambos)
Method of Preparation
It is prepared by heating Shatavari juice extract with added jaggery, sugar and ghee to it. Heating is allowed till it attains semisolid form.
Then it is further added with 12 grams of each of Cardamom, Mushali, Gokshura, Black and white varieties of Sariva, , Vidari, Long pepper, Shilajit, Vanshalochana – 192 g.
Consume 5-10 grams 1-2 times a day after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor with milk or water.
Dose for children below 5 years – 1-2 grams, 1-2 times a day, along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
Dose for children between 5 – 12 years – 5 grams 1-2 times a day along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Shatavari Guda is a common Ayurvedic medicine that has a use in nearly all the gynecological problems.
- It is useful Ayurvedic medicine for PCOS,
- Beneficial Ayurvedic medicine to counter the problems of menstrual pain, irregular menstrual cycles, heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Also an efficient treatment to control dysuria, urinary tract infections, bleeding disorders, liver complications, jaundice, gonorrhea, raktapitta, giddiness and burning sensation in stomach.
- It is helpful to restore energy of injured and thin people.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
It is a safe Ayurvedic medicine and till now no such side effects with this medicine has been reported.Share with your friends: