Reference: Ashtanga Hridaya Sutrasthana 49 / 293
Shiva Gutika (Vati) is an effective Ayurvedic medicine. It is used to treat the variety of diseases like respiratory conditions, liver and spleen disorders, neuro-psychiatric conditions etc.
Ingredients and Method of Preparation
- Shilajatu - 768 g
- Triphala kashaya - A water decoction made of Haritaki, Vibhitaki and Amalaki
- Dashamoola Kashaya - A water decoction made of group of ten herbs.
- Guduchi kwatha - A water decoction made of Tinospora cordifolia
- Patola kashayam - A water decoction made of Trichosanthes dioica
- Bala Kashayam - A water decoction made of Sida cordifolia
- Yashtimadhu - Licorice - Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Cow urine
- Cow milk
- Kakoli - Lilium polyphyllum
- Ksheerakakoli - Fritillaria roylei
- Musta - Cyperus rotundus
- Pushkaramoola - Inula racemosa
- Chitraka - Plumbago zeylanica
- Rasna - Pluchea lanceolata
- Meda - Polygonatum cirrhifolium
- Mahameda - Polygonatum verticillatum
- Chavya - Piper cubeba
- Gajapippali - Scindapsus officinalis
- Pata - Cissampelos pareira
- Jeevaka - Crepidium acuminatum
- Rishabhaka - Malaxis muscifera
- Danti - Baliospermum montanum
- Vidari - Pueraria tuberosa
- Ksheeravidari - Ipomoea paniculata
- Veera, Coconut - Cocos nucifera
- Shalaparni - Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni - Uraria picta
All the above herbs 48 g each, are added with 12.288 liters water and decoction of 3.072 liters is prepared.
- Karkatshringi - Pistacia integerrima - 96 g
- Amla - Emblica officinalis - 96 g
- Trikatu - Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Pepper (Piper nigrum), Long pepper (Piper longum) - 96 g each
- Talisapatra - Abies webbiana - 192 g
- Vidari powder - Pueraria tuberosa - 48 g
- Vamsha - Bambusa bambos - 24 g
- Cardamom - Elettaria cardamomum
- Cinnamon - Cinnamomum zeylanicum 96 g each
- Patra - Cinnamomum tamala - 96 g
- Nagakeshar - Mesua ferrea - 96 g
- Taila - Sesame oil - Sesamum indicum 96 g
- Cow ghee - 192 g
- Honey - 384 g
- Sugar - 768 g
- Jatipushpa - Jasminum sambac - used for the purpose of fragrance.
Boiled again to make a semi solid consistency mass to make tablets.
Shiva Gutika (Vati) is a famous Ayurvedic medicine. It is meant to manage the variety of diseases like liver and spleen disorders, epilepsy, ascites, hiccup, rhinitis, bronchitis, cough, anemia, cardiac diseases, vomiting, skin diseases, gout and arthritis. This vati is very good remedy to manage the liver and spleen disorders. It helps to resolve the abnormal fluid, accumulation of fluid in the abdominal (peritoneal) cavity in the problem of ascites. This medicine works well to manage the psychotic disorders that results in abnormal thinking and perceptions. It is also a good herbal medicine to manage the symptoms associated with epilepsy like seizures, temporary confusion, fainting etc. Natural ingredients used in this medicine are packed with the anti-allergic properties that is good in the problem of bronchitis, rhinitis etc. Beside of all this, anti-inflammatory action of this medicine is also helpful in alleviating the pain in gout, arthritis and other painful conditions.
- Liver and spleen disorders
- Cardiac diseases
- Gout arthritis
- Skin diseases
- Psychotic diseases
6 gram is divided dose in a day. It is administered with milk, meat soup, pomegranate juice, raisins, appropriate asava and arishta.
There are no side effects with this medicine. But it is mandatory to take this medicine under medical supervision.Share with your friends: