Reference: Ayurveda Sarsangraha
Shothari Lauh is an Ayurvedic formulation in the form of powder. It is used to cure anemia. Chronic anemia weakens the body and disturbs the formation of blood. Lack of blood causes the body to turn pale which causes swelling in the entire body. As this swelling is due to Kapha it causes pitting if pressed. It helps in balancing Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Saunth (Zingiber officinalis)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Iron bhasma
Method of Preparation
Clean and take the herbs in the same amount and grind them to obtain fine powder. Now mix equal amounts of Iron bhasma in it and store it in an air tight container away from heat, light and moisture.
150 mg to 750 mg with Triphala decoction twice daily after meals or as prescribed by the Ayurvedic doctor.
- External injury
- Over dosage may cause severe complications.
- Males seeking treatment for infertility should take this medicine under strict medical supervision.
- It is better avoided during pregnancy.