AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF SINUSITIS
Fever, cough, congestion, facial swelling, redness or swelling around eyes and heavy pressure on face are the symptoms associated with sinusitis. Sometimes it becomes difficult to distinguish whether it is cold, flu or sinusitis. Normally cold gets better within some days itself whereas sinusitis is the infection in the nasal passage, it results in the inflammation of sinus (small cavities found in the facial bones). So it is mandatory to visit your doctors because it may lead to some serious health complications like nasal tumors and cystic fibrosis.
WHAT IS SINUSITIS?
Inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses is called as sinusitis. Various bacteria, viruses, and fungi are responsible for this disease. Naturally sinuses are filled with air but in this disease sinuses are blocked and filled with various germs and fluids. These microbes grow and result in infections.
TYPES OF SINUSITIS
- ACUTE SINUSITIS - Acute sinusitis usually last for 4 weeks. Various symptoms of this type are cold, facial pain and stuffy nose.
- SUB-ACUTE SINUSITIS - In sub-acute sinusitis inflammation and underlying symptoms lasts for 4 to 8 weeks.
- CHRONIC SINUSITIS - In chronic sinusitis all the symptoms and inflammation last for more than 8 weeks.
- RECCURENT SINUSITIS - It is a type of sinusitis in which various attacks occur within a year.
SYMPTOMS OF SINUSITIS
- Facial swelling
- Severe pain
- Discolored nasal drainage
- Nasal congestion
- Post nasal drip
- Sore throat
- Cough and cold
- Eye, ear and tooth pain
- Bad breath
- Itching and sneezing
CAUSES OF SINUSITIS
- Viral infections - common cold is mostly cause of sinusitis.
- Bacterial infections - infection in upper respiratory tract persists long for 10 or more days then it is more likely to be caused by bacterial infections.
- Fungal infections - weakness and various abnormalities are observed if it is caused due to fungal infection.
Other causes may include allergies, nasal polyp, nasal tumors, deviated nasal septum, tooth infections and various other medical conditions.
RISK FACTORS OF SINUSITIS
- GERD or immune system disorders, cystic fibrosis.
- Nasal passage abnormality
- Hay fever
- Allergic conditions
- Excessive exposure to pollutants
COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH SINUSITIS
- Chronic sinusitis
- Ear infections
- Eye related problems
TEST AND DIAGNOSIS
- Physical examination
- Nasal endoscopy
- CT and MRI
- Nasal and sinus cultures
- Allergy testing
"PEENAS" is ayurvedic term mentioned for sinusitis. Nasal cavity is called shirodwar the entry point to brain and is important for proper functioning of brain. Shoth (Obstruction) to this pathway is called sinusitis (peenasroga). Excessive intake of heavy, oily, spicy, very cold and very hot foods, which are not easy to digest. All this causes impairment of tridosha (vata, pitta and kapha) in body. Main dosha responsible for this roga is kapha and aggravation of kapha dosha blocks the passage of vata in nasal cavity. Imbalanced pitta causes inflammation (shoth) in nasal cavity. Many environmental and lifestyle factors are also responsible to for this roga like cold, dusty weather, sleeping in day and late night awakening.
HOW TO MANAGE SINUSITIS?
Ayurveda has become the new ray of hope to manage the various health ailments in a natural way without any side effects. Ayurveda is science of life and works on this belief that herbs have the amazing properties to manage the health issues without having any negative impacts on body. To manage the problem of sinusitis there are various herbs like Haridra (Curcuma longa), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Shirisha (Albizzia lebbeck), Aswagandha (Withania sominefera) and Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) which are very useful and give positive results on body.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR SINUSITIS BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Allergy Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of sinusitis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Tulsi Capsules - 2 Capsule, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Pranrakshak Churna - 1 teaspoonful, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Aller-G Care - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Curcumin Capsules - 2 Capsule, twice daily with plain water after meals.
1. TULSI CAPSULES
Herbal formulations for sinusitis by Planet Ayurveda has Tulsi capsules. These capsules are prepared from the pure extracts of Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum).
BENEFITS - Tulsi has great importance in India from religious aspect. Latin name of tulsi is Ocimum sanctum and also known as holy basil. Standardized extract of tulsi is used to prepare the tulsi capsules. Regular use of tulsi capsules helps body to fight against various infections. It is a herb supplement that works wonderfully for cough, cold and various allergies. It is very effective in respiratory tract infections and all underlying conditions responsible to cause various infections.
2. PRAANRAKSHAK CHURNA
Praanrakshak churna is another wonderful formulation available in house of planet Ayurveda to manage the symptoms of sinusitis in a natural way. This herbal formulation is prepared by the combination of various herbs used for this blend are:-
- Shirish (Albezzia lebbock)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Anantmool (Tylphora asthmatica)
- Twak (Cinnnamomum zeylanica)
- Bharangi (Clerodandrum serratum)
- Kantkari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
BENEFITS - Above mentioned herbs used in the formulation of praanrakshak churna are packed with anti-inflammatory properties. This herbal product makes our lungs healthy and maintains proper breathing. These herbs help to provide the relief in the symptoms associated with sinusitis like fever, cough, congestion, facial swelling, redness or swelling around eyes and heavy pressure on face. Thus herbal formulation for the sinusitis is very beneficial and various patients are benefitted with this.
3. ALLER-G CARE
Aller-G care capsules are wonderful herbal formulation for sinusitis by Planet Ayurveda which are very useful and give the positive results in patients. This herbal product is an amazing blend of various herbs which are given below:-
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Shrish (Albizia lebbeck)
- Aswagandha (Withania sominefera)
BENEFITS - Herbs used in the formulation of Aller G care capsules are having anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory nature. These herbs help to provide the relief in the symptoms associated with sinusitis like fever, cough, congestion, facial swelling, redness or swelling around eyes and heavy pressure on face.
4. CURCUMIN CAPSULES
Curcumin capsules are an amazing formulation of planet Ayurveda to manage the symptoms of sinusitis in a natural way. These capsules are 100% pure and prepared from the pure extract of herb curcumin (curcuma longa).
BENEFITS - Curcumin (Curcuma longa), a flowering plant of ginger family and has the great medicinal importance in ayurevda. It has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory nature. As mentioned above inflammation is main cause of this disease so it works wonderfully for this disease. Thus curcumin capsules are wonderful herbal formulation for sinusitis and help to manage the problem in a natural way.
To buy Allergy Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/allergy-care-pack
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Always moisten your sinus cavities.
- Apply warm compresses to your face.
- Rinse out your nasal passage.
- Sleep with your head elevated.