Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Bahumutra Rogadhikara – 27 – 28
Tarkeshwar Ras is classical formulation of Ayurveda that can maintain the balance of Vata and Pitta in the body. This Ayurvedic medicine is in tablet form having heavy metal ingredients. It is useful in treatment of increased frequency of urination.
- Rasa Sindhura (A compound of Purified Mercury and Sulphur)
- Abhraka Bhasma (Purified and processed Mica)
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Purified Sulphur)
Method of Preparation
Take 10 gm. fine powder of each of Rassindura, Abhraka Bhasma and Shuddha Gandhaka and grind these powders with sufficient quantity of honeyfor one day. Then convert it to tablet form.
- Consume 125-250 mg 1-2 times a day along with honey, before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
- For better results, Patients are usually suggested to have Udumbara (Ficus racemosa) fruit along with this medicine.
- It can be administered for a period of one month.
- It is a very useful Ayurvedic therapy for polyuria – frequent urination.
- It is also indicated in case of Diabetes and associated symptoms.
- It is beneficial medicine for difficulties occurring due to urinary problems like physical weakness, fatigue and seminal disorders.
- It has another use in treatment of male sexual problems- like improves semen, gives strength and cures impotency.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be consumed under strict directions only.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe.
- It is better to avoid in pregnant and lactating women as well as in children.
- It’s over dose might results in side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
- Have this medicine under recommended dose and specified period of time.