How to Treat UTI Naturally?
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection of the urinary system which can affect any part of the urinary system may be kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. When the infection affects the lower urinary tract (the bladder and the urethra) it is known as cystitis (bladder infection) and when it affects the upper urinary tract (kidneys) it is known as pyelonephritis (kidney infection).
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
The symptoms of UTI depend on what type of infection, a person is affected with. It may be cystitis or pyelonephritis.
Lower Tract UTIs or Pyelonephritis includes infection of the Urethra and Bladder
- Burning sensation during urination.
- Increased rate of urination without passing much urine.
- Increased urge for urination.
- Blood in urine.
- Cloudy urine or milky urine.
- Urine that looks like cola or tea.
- Strong odor in urine.
- Pelvic pain in women.
- Rectal pain in men.
Upper Tract UTIs or Cystitis which includes the infection of Kidneys
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain in the upper back and sides
- Chills and Fever
Causes of Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Mainly Urinary tract infections occur due to the entry of any pathogen or bacteria in the urinary tract through the urethra, further move to the urinary bladder and then into kidneys.
Other main causes that can increase risk of Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) are :-
- Sexual intercourses.
- HIV or Diabetes (immune-compromised patients are more likely to develop UTI).
- Enlarged prostate in men.
- Women use a diaphragm to avoid pregnancy lead to these infections.
- Menopause and spinal cord injury.
- Unhygienic conditions.
- Insertion of a tube into the urethra for patients having a problem to urinate.
(Reference: Sushruta Samhita/ Nidanasthana/ Chapter- 3/ Shloka no. - 4)
This shloka explains the cause of urinary tract infections. The excessive and improper utilization of Panchakarma along with unwholesome diet and lifestyle can cause vitiation of all the three doshas in body which further vitiates the urine and causes urinary tract infection.
Complications of Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Chronic kidney disease
- In the case of pregnant women: Premature delivery
Ayurvedic Treatment of UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
Ayurvedic treatment is a natural treatment for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). According to Ayurveda, the three energies in the body (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) are responsible to keep you healthy. The imbalance of Pitta dosha is the main cause of UTI (Urinary tract infections). These infections lead to various complications like an infection in bladder and kidneys, inflammation of the urethra, etc.
Planet Ayurveda provides UTI Care Pack which is an effective, natural treatment for urinary tract infections. These herbal remedies are formulated by using 100% pure and natural herbs. These do not contain any chemical, filler, binder, color, starch, yeast, preservative or additive which makes it free from any side effect.
The products included in UTI Care Pack are Punarnava Capsules, Varunadi Vati and Mutrakrichantak Churna.
- Punarnava Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Gokshuradi Guggul - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Varunadi Vati - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Chandanadi Vati - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Reno Plan Syrup - 2 tsp twice daily with warm water after meal.
1. Punarnava Capsules
These capsules of Planet Ayurveda consist of pure extract of herb Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa). Punarnava is considered as an excellent diuretic. It shows effective results in the treatment of urinary tract infections and rejuvenates the urinary system. These capsules provide relief from swelling and pain. It is also useful in Hemorrhoids.
2. Gokshuradi Guggul
3. Varunadi Vati
Varunadi Vati of Planet Ayurveda is very effective against the urinary tract infections. This herbal product is prepared by the mixture of various herbs like Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) and shudha guggulu (Commiphora mukul). Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) has strong diuretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties which provides relief in urinary tract infections. Varun (Crataeva nurvala) have antimicrobial properties and kills the microorganism which causes inflammation in the urethra and urinary bladder. It also helps to relieve painful urination in urinary tract infections. Shuddha guggulu (Commiphora mukul) is also beneficial in urinary tract infections.
4. Chandanadi Vati
5. Reno Plan Syrup
A healthy diet means a healthy body. Unhealthy diet directly affects our body organs and their functions. So, follow some dietary guidelines along with Ayurvedic herbs for better treatment of UTI naturally.
Food should be taken :-
- Intake of foods which are rich in vitamin C such as amla, tomatoes, oranges and grapes.
- High-fiber food.
- Probiotics like yogurt.
- Drink plenty of water.
Food should be avoided :-
- Spicy food items.
- Artificial sweeteners.
- Cakes, cookies and starchy products.
- Avoid smoking.
- Stop alcohol consumption.
- Caffeine and carbonated drinks.