Reference: Chakradatta Amavata Chikitsa 15-18, Sahasrayoga, Astangahridayam.
In Sanskrit, Vaishvanara means fire. This Ayurvedic medicine is meant to correct digestive fire (agni) in body. Vaishvanara Churna is an Ayurvedic medicine available in herbal powder form. Use of this herbal powder is quite effective to treat the various health issues like rheumatoid arthritis, constipation and diseases of digestive track. It pacifies the vata and kapha doshas.
- Saindhava lavana – Rock salt – 20 grams
- Yavani – Trachyspermum ammi – 20 grams
- Ajamoda – Trachyspermum roxburghianum – 30 grams
- Ginger – Zingiber officinalis – 50 grams
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula – 120 grams
Method of Preparation
Crush all the above mentioned ingredients, made fine powder. Mixed well to make Vaishvanara Churna.
- 1-3 grams once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by your physician.
- In the rheumatoid arthritis, it is given along with buttermilk or hot water.
- For people having the sensitive stomach, it is given with ghee, to improve digestion.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Abdominal pain
- Improves digestion
- Strength and immunity
- Over dosage of this herbal powder may lead to diarrhea.
- People with hypertension should take this medicine only under medical supervision.