Reference: Sarngadhara Samhita Madhyama Khanda 9/198, Ashtanga Hridayam.
Vajraka Thailam (Oil) is an Ayurvedic herbal oil, used in the treatment of non-healing wounds with pus and rheumatoid arthritis. It is used for external application.
10 g of each of:-
- Saptaparna – Alstonia scholaris
- Shirisha – Albizia lebbeck
- Ashwamara – Nerium indicum
- Arka – Calotropis procera
- Nutmeg – Myristica fragrans
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Neem – Azadirachta indica
- Karanja – Indian Beech (bark, seed) – Pongamia pinnata
- Sarshapa – Mustard – Brassica juncea
- Prapunnada – Cassia tora
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan (fruit rind) – Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan – Terminalia bellirica
- Amalaki - Indian Gooseberry - Emblica officinalis / Phyllanthus emblica
- Janthughna – False black pepper (fruit) – Embelia ribes
- Shunti – Ginger (rhizome) – Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Long pepper – Piper longum
- Haridra – Turmeric Rhizome – Curcuma Longa
- Daruharidra – Tree turmeric (stem) – Berberis aristata
- Taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum – 768 ml
- Cow urine – 3.072 liters
- Non-healing wounds
- Infected wound with pus discharge
- Rheumatoid arthritis
How to use?
It is used for external application only and as ear drops. 5 -6 drops are instilled into the ears.
- There are no apparent side effects with this medicine, on external application.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.