Those who are suffering from health complications and fed up with their boring and simple diet plan, and then delicious vegetable upma is the best alternative. Semolina (sooji) is the major ingredient of the vegetable upma recipe. Semolina (sooji) is a ground grain and it is digested gradually so it can escape people from overeating. Semolina (sooji) offers the health benefits like boost up energy, bone strength, healthy nervous system, heart health and anemia. Potassium is present in Semolina (sooji) that helps to improve the kidney functions. Vegetables present in the recipe contain proteins, iron, carbohydrates and dietary fibers which offer the health benefits. Hence it is well said that balanced and healthy diet is the fitness formula for healthy life.
- 3 cups – semolina (sooji)
- 4 cups - water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cow ghee
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chopped onion
- ½ bowl of pea
- Chopped French beans
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped tomato
- 4 green Chilies
- Curry leaves
- Chopped carrot
- Coriander leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Few cashew nuts
- Salt according to taste
- Heat ghee or olive oil in pan.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped onion and garlic in the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables in the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add sooji (semolina) and roast it for at least 5 minutes.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Add water and stir all the ingredients very well so that lumps should not form.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Vegetable upma is ready when whole water gets evaporate.
- You can add lemon juice (optional) to enhance your taste.
- Add coriander leaves and cashew nuts for garnishing.
- Delicious vegetable upma is ready to serve.
Don't forget the continuous stirring for the proper mixing of vegetables and all other ingredients.Share with your friends: