Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Amavatarogadhikara 90 – 95, Rasaratnasamucchayam.
Yograj Guggulu is a very eminent Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form helpful to maintain Vata balance. This tablet having Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) as its base. It is extensively used in the Ayurvedic treatment for various types of arthritis.
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylancia) – 10 grams
- Pippalimoola – Long pepper root – Piper longum - 10 grams
- Yavani (Trachyspermum ammi) – 10 grams
- Karavi – Piper chaba – 10 grams
- Ajamoda (Trachyspermum roxburghianum) – 10 grams
- Jeeraka – Cumin seed – 10 grams
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara) – 10 grams
- Chavya (Piper cubeba) – 10 grams
- Ela – Cardamom – 10 grams
- Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt – 10 grams
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa) – 10 grams
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) – 10 grams
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) – 10 grams
- Dhanyaka - Coriander – 10 grams
- Triphala – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) – 10 grams
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus – 10 grams
- Trikatu – Pepper, Long pepper and Ginger – 10 grams
- Twak – Cinnamon – 10 grams
- Usheera (Vetiveria zizanioides) – 10 grams
- Yavagraja (Hordeum vulgare) – Barley – 10 grams
- Taleesapatra (Abbies webbiana) – 10 grams
- Patra (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – 10 grams
- Guggulu – Purified (Commiphora mukul) – 270 grams
- Sarpi – ghee – Sufficient Quantity
Method of Preparation
First 27 herbs till Guggulu (in the above ingredients list) are taken in fine powdered form. Guggulu (gum resin) is taken in an extensive wide mouthed vessel and heated till it gets liquefied. After this rest of the ingredients are added to it and mixed well. Ghee is also added and the whole mass is well pounded. Finally it is rolled and converted.to tablet form of uniform size around 500 mg.
Consume 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day, before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor. Have it along with Honey or butter milk.
- Yograj Guggulu is widely used Ayurvedic treatment for Rheumatoid arthritis and Gout.
- Also useful remedy in case of Worm infestation, infected wounds and to treat bloating.
- It also deals with problem of Splenomegaly and abdominal tumors
- It also increases digestion power, complexion, strength and immunity.
- It is mainly used for diseases affecting bone, joints and bone marrow.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- It is better to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Very high dose than prescribed may lead to stomach irritation.