Punarnava Mandur Tablets
Herbal Remedy to Reduce Swelling, Pedal Edema, Fluid Accumulation
Punarnava mandur tablets are classical ayurvedic tablets which are very helpful in many health conditions. It has an excellent property to improve blood count, blood quality, removes the toxins from the blood, helps in decreasing urea/creatinine, cholesterol and many other toxins. These are natural diuretic tablets. Punarnava Mandur is helpful in ascites, renal failure, liver failure, fluid accumulation, swelling, puffy eyes, glaucoma, anemia, fatty liver and many more problems related with the accumulation of fluid in the body tissues. It is a classical ayurvedic formulation for anemia, Low Platelet count, and Low RBC count, swelling around the Joints, Generalized Swelling, Gout and other endotoxins accumulation. It is also diuretic and is useful in renal disorders. In renal failure, it is used with the combination of Mutrakrichantak Churna for getting good results. Kidney support can also be used with it.
Ingredients of Punarnava Mandur Tablets
Each Tablet is 500 mg
- Boerhaavia diffusa (Punarnava),
- Zingiber officinale (Shunti),
- Piper longum (Pippali),
- Piper nigrum (Maricha),
- Emblica officinalis (Amalaki),
- Terminalia chebula (Haritaki),
- Piper chaba (Chavya),
- Curcuma longa (Haridra),
- Embelia ribes (Vidanga),
- Plumbago zeylanica (Chitrak Mool),
- Ferric oxide calx (Mandoor Bhasma)
Processed in Bos primigenius urina.
Ref. Ayurvedic Text - Bhaishajya Ratnavali/Chapter of Anemia
Punarnava mandur is a traditional Ayurvedic formulation which is prescribed in conditions like Anemia, Jaundice, and pedal edema or generalized edema, Swelling and fluid accumulation, fluid retention in feet. It is also one of the best herbal remedy for ascites, Disorders associated with Liver and Spleen, Skin diseases, Kidney diseases, fluid retention due to kidney failure or liver failure.
Detail about various Herbs in Punarnava Mandur
- Boerhaavia diffusa: The roots are diuretic, emetic, and expectorant, laxative, reduce the swelling and accumulated fluid. It also possesses anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant and antifibrinolytic properties. These are used in the treatment of asthma, edema, anemia, jaundice, ascites, scanty urine and internal inflammation. It is useful also in enlargement of spleen, and anti-stress agent. This is an excellent herbal remedy for fluid retention.
- Zingiber officinale: it is an excellent stimulant and carminative, and is useful for dyspepsia, nausea, and colic. It is also useful in lowering the cholesterol, and has properties like blood thinning and hence useful in Heart diseases. It also gives relief from joint pains and inflammation. Helpful in reducing the swelling around joints and the accumulated fluid.
- Piper longum: is a powerful stimulant for both digestive and respiratory systems. It stimulates the appetite and dispels gas from the intestine and also effective in alleviating respiratory disorders like a cough, bronchitis, and asthma. It is useful in alleviating inflammations and muscular pain. Also as cholagogue in obstruction of bile duct and gallbladder. It reduces overall swelling and the accumulated fluid.
- Piper nigrum: It is useful as a digestive stimulant and carminative. It also aids in alleviating pain. It is a good herbal remedy to reduce swelling and inflammation. It is a natural diuretic.
- Emblica officinalis: It is anti-bacterial, carminative, hypoglycemic, stomachic, hypotensive and astringent action. It is acrid, cooling and diuretic. It has anti-oxidative, anti-hepatotoxic, immuno-modulator and resistance building properties. It is a cardio tonic and helps in controlling blood pressure. It is useful in treating ulcers, hyperacidity and jaundice.it is also a natural diuretic.
- Terminalia chebula: It is good to increase the appetite, as a digestive aid, Liver stimulant, as a stomachic and mild laxative. It is useful in treating liver and spleen disorders and Ascites. It is astringent, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic. It is also useful in kidney- related disorders. It is also a natural diuretic.
- Piper chaba: It is anti-microbial, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic and anti-diarrheal. It is also useful as a digestive stimulant and carminative. it is also a natural diuretic.
- Curcuma longa: It has anti-bacterial properties. It is useful as a blood purifier and useful in diseases like common cold, leprosy, and diseases of the liver, inflammation and useful for wound healing. It is also useful in treating cancer and jaundice. Helps in reducing the swelling, pedal edema and beneficial to get rid of excess fluid accumulation.
- Embelia ribes: is useful in treating intestinal worms, skin diseases, flatulence, colic, constipation, cough, asthma, bronchitis and general weakness. It is a good natural diuretic.
- Plumbago zeylanica: it is useful as a carminative and diaphoretic. It is useful in digestive disorders. It also reduces inflammation, swelling and reduces fluid accumulation.
- Mandoor bhasma: it is prepared by purifying and calcinations of iron rust. Since it is purified and used in mild dosage and mixed with other herbs, it is safe to have it. Acts as a powerful haematinic, diuretic and useful in treating diseases like anemia, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, menorrhagia, edema, intestinal worms, dyspepsia, chronic bowel movements and jaundice. It is very useful in liver and kidney disease also enlargement of the spleen. It not only removes toxins from the blood but also helps in reducing edema, swelling around joint, fluid accumulation in the feet, heart and other parts of the body.
Method of Preparation
Mandoor (Ferric oxide) is purified and boiled in cow's urine till it becomes a thick liquid like consistency. Then the powders of the above herbs are added and stirred well. While it is warm, tablets are prepared.
2 tablets twice daily with plain water or as directed by the physician.
To buy Punarnava Mandur, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/punarnava-mandur
Contraindications, Cautions, Safety
Punarnava Mandur tablets can be taken without harm as they do not have any side effects. Punarnava Mandur tablets can be taken with any other medicines which are already being taken. They just supplement the medicines. The dose of diuretics can be reduced on the basis of requirement as it is helpful in reducing the accumulated fluid. The doctor can also reduce the dosage depending upon the condition. Beneficial in Anemia. The iron tablets can be stopped or supplemented with this herbal remedy.
Natural Herbal Tablets to reduce swelling, reduce pedal edema. It is a best herbal remedy to reduce swelling around joints, swelling in the feet, reduce fluid accumulation in the feet. It is also a natural herbal remedy for ascites due to liver failure or kidney failure.