How to Increase Bone Density by Ayurveda?
Though, bone seems to be a hard rock like substance, yet, it is a living tissue. Old bones get removed. And in place, new bones are added. And this is a continuous process. Bone formation and bone resorption are the two major processes related to the bones. When bone resorption takes place in a faster pace as compared to the bone formation, the result is the occurrence of the low bone density. The lower bone density process is quite normal. But, if the pace of the process accelerates at a rapid pace, it leads to a situation, known as the Ostopenia. The bone density, if further reduces, gives rise to the situation of Osteoporosis.
Major Causes of Low Bone Density
Some of the major causes of this situation are given below:-
- More and more elimination of calcium from the body through urine
- Reduced production of estrogen hormone, which strengthens the bones
- Reduction in number of cells, which help to form the bones
- Increasing the number of cells, which help to break down the bones
- Certain drugs and medicines, therapies, radiation exposure.
Important Symptoms of Low Bone Density
- Well, ostopenia does not have any specific symptoms.
- There exists no pain or no visible changes.
- However, due to the low bone density, the probability of bone fracture increases.
- The bones become more prone to breakage.
Natural Treatment for Low Bone Density
It is important that the situation of ostopenia is treated right in the initial stage in order to inhibit its progression to osteoporosis. Below are some of the natural treatments for treating the problem of low bone density.
Follow a Diet Regime
The major cause of this situation is the lack of calcium content in the body in appropriate quantity. Thus, it is highly recommended to consume items, which are rich in calcium content. The best sources are the dairy products, green vegetables and other products rich in calcium content. Also, Vitamin D is recommended in addition to calcium to get over this situation. This is because; vitamin D helps the body to absorb calcium and other minerals effectively. Sources of Vitamin D are salmons, swordfish, sardines, eggs and some fish oils.
Do Some Exercises
Bone resorption and bone formation largely depend on the physical activities and stress. Exercises, which are weight bearing like cycling, dancing, walking are highly recommended to treat this situation.
Quit Intoxicating Products
Besides maintaining a diet regime and carrying out the exercises, it is suggested to quit smoking, taking alcohols or any forms of intoxication like caffeines or sodas. These also lessen the chance of lowering the bone density to a huge extent.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Osteoporosis
If the situation worsens further, it becomes mandatory to opt for the herbal remedies and Ayurvedic treatment. Planet Ayurveda has provided us with some of its effective herbal remedies to improve the bone density widely.
- Bone Support – 2 cap twice daily with plain water after meals
- Coral Calcium Complex – 1 cap twice daily with plain water after meals
- Arjuna Capsules - 1 cap twice daily with plain water after meals
- Lakshadi Guggul - 2 tab twice daily with plain water after meals
To buy Osteoporosis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/osteoporosis-care-pack.
How to increase bone density is no more a serious concern these days because of the effective herbal supplements given by Planet Ayurveda. Stay healthy with Planet Ayurveda.