ABHAYARISHTAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
It is a classical ayurvedic formulation. It is named abhayarishtam, where abhaya is a synonym of haritaki which is the main ingredient of this formulation. It is effective in gastrointestinal ailments such as piles, constipation, etc.
- Kwatha dravya
- Haritaki phala twak (Terminalia chebula) – 5 kg
- Munakka / draksha (Vitis vinifera) - 2500 gm
- Vayavidanga (Embelia ribes) - 500 gm
- Madukapushpa (Madhuca indica) – 500 gm
- Water – 52 litres
- Prakshepak dravya
- Guda - 5 kg
- Gokhru (Tribulus terrestris) – 100 gm
- Trivrit (Operculina turpethum) – 100 gm
- Dhaniya beej (Coriandrum sativum) – 100 gm
- Dhatakipushpa (Woodfordia fruticosa) - 100 gm
- Indravaruni (Citrullus colocynthis) - 100 gm
- Chavayamool (Piper retrofractum) - 100 gm
- Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare) - 100 gm
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) – 100 gm
- Dantimool (Baliospermum montanum) - 100 gm
- Mochrasa (Moringa oleifera) - 100 gm
REFERENCE: Bhaishajyaratnavali // Arshorogadhikar 9/175-180
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- HARITAKI – It is an herb which pacifies pitta due to its sweet, astringent and pungent rasa, pacifies Vata dosha due to its sour and sweet properties, and pacifies kapha dosha due to its bitter, astringent and pungent taste. It can be used in the treatment of skin diseases like leprosy, erysipelas, etc., chronic fever, cardiac diseases, gout, diabetes, retention of urine, etc.
- MUNAKKA – It is a herb used as a dietary supplement as well as tackles diseases. It is beneficial in bleeding disorders, constipation, fever, burning sensation, anaemia, etc.
- VAYAVIDANGA – This herb is known as a potent ant parasitic agent. Due to its hot, pungent, astringent properties it pacifies kapha and vata dosha thus effective in parasitic infestations, skin infections, etc.
- MADUKA PUSHPA – The flowers of this herb are mainly vata and pitta dosha pacifier. It acts as laxative and expectorant.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Above mentioned kwatha dravyas are firstly powdered.
- Then decoction is made by boiling in 52 litters of water till it reduced to ¼ th, strain it into a new earthen pot.
- In earthen pot finely powdered 9 prakshepak dravyas should be added.
- Now, the mouth of the earthen pot is covered with a lid (sharava) and air tightened it with the help of cloth and mud (kapadmitti) and then place it in a vacuumed room.
- At the base of the earthen pot mattress of bhussi / puyaal is made which prevents the earthen pot from breakdown.
- After 21 days of fermentation, its mouth should be opened and liquid content is again mixed thoroughly and then strained with the help of a cloth.
- Now this strained content should be filled in another pot, keep it for 8 to 10 days and clear liquid portion is poured in another container.
- It should be used after one year.
- Skin disease
- Heart diseases
- In worms
USES AND BENEFITS OF ABHAYARISHTAM
- It can be used in the treatment of various types of skin diseases such as leprosy, eczema, scabies, etc.
- It is beneficial in relieving constipation which is a root cause of many other ailments.
- It can be used in the treatment of all types of abdominal disorders such as ascites, intestinal perforation, etc.
- It is useful in all kinds of piles such as bleeding, non- bleeding and prolapsed ones
DOSAGE12 to 25 ml according to age, region, disease, digestion power, etc.
ANUPANA: With the equal quantity of water
COLOUR: Reddish black liquid.
TASTE: Sweet sharp and astringent.
ODOUR: Like alcohol.
PACKING: 450 ml