KUTAJARISHTAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Kutajarishtam is an Ayurvedic liquid formulation which is used in the treatment of acute and chronic diarrhoea, irritable bowel syndrome and intestinal worm infestation. It improves digestive power and maintains digestion.
- Kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica) twak – 4.670 kg
- Mridweeka/Drakshaa (Vitis vinifera) – 2.335 kg
- Madhuka pushpa (Madhuca longifolia) – 470 gms
- Kashmari / Gambhari (Gmelina arborea) – 470gms
Prakepaka Dravya (Powders to be added)
- Dhataki pushpa (Woodfordia fruticosa) – 940gm
Madhura Dravya (Sweetening material)
- Guda (Jaggery) – 4.670 kg
- Water – 50 litres
REFRENCE- Bhaishajya ratnavali / ATISARADHIKAR (-171 TO 174)
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- Kutaja mula (Holarrhena antidysenterica) – Kutaja is a very useful herb in treatment of any kind of diarrhoea. It has also anti parasitic properties due to which it is beneficial in treating intestinal worm infestations. It is very useful in rheumatic and osteoarthritis. Kutaja is also useful in skin problems. Due to its Tikta (Bitter) and Kashya ras (Astringent), it pacifies pitta and kapha dosha in body.
- Mridweeka/Draksha (Vitis vinifera) – Draksha is sweet in taste hence it pacifies pitta dosha in the body. It also improves appetite and digestion.
- Madhuka pushpa (Madhuca indica) – Flowers of this herb is used as anti diarrheal, ant diabetic, anti pyretic, hepato protective and antioxidant.
- Kashmari / Gambhari (Gmelina arborea) – Gambhari pacifies all three doshas in body (vata, pitta and kapha). This herb improves digestion by increasing appetite, also helps to relieve burning sensation and fever.
Prakepaka Dravya (powders to be added) - Prakshepa dravya are used to enhance taste, appearance and fragrance of Asava.
- Dhataki pushpa (Woodfordia fruticosa) – Dhataki flowers have grahi property hence useful to control the frequency of stools.
MADHUR DRAVYA (SWEETENING MATERIAL)
- Guda (Jaggery) – Jaggery acts as appetizer and improves digestion.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Firstly, kutaja tawak, draksha and mahua flowers, barks of gambhari are taken and made into coarse powder. After that decoction is made with this powder by adding 50 litres of water into it, till this water reduced to 1/4th. Then it is filtered and cooled to room temperature. Dhatak flowers powder and jaggery is added to this decoction and mixed well. Then this mixture is transferred to a mud pot which is smeared with ghee and should be sealed properly. This mixture is kept undisturbed for one month after one month this mixture is filtered and stored for further use.
INDICATIONSThis Ayurvedic formulation is used in the treatment of chronic sprue, dysentery, and fever.
KUTAJARISHTAM USES AND BENEFITS
- This herbal formulation slow down the intestinal movement hence helps in diarrhoea.
- Kutajarishtam has antimicrobial and anti parasitic properties thus useful in treatment of amoebic dysentery.
- Kutajarishtam is main remedy in irritable bowel syndrome where flatulence and loose stools are main issues.
KUTAJARISHTAM SIDE EFFECTS
As per Ayurveda there is no side effects of Ayurvedic medication if taken under proper guidelines. But if used for long time and in over dose can develop constipation.
DOSE12 to 25 ML once or twice daily as advised by Physician