Ayurvedic Treatment of Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Arrhythmia)
Slow, fast or irregular heart beat is normally related to our emotional behavior. Do you have any idea, what is Abnormal Heart Rhythm? Have you ever seen anyone diagnosed with this problem? Irregular heart beat is the condition when heart is not able to pump blood efficiently which results in the Abnormal Heart Rhythm. Shortness of breath, chest pain, irregular pulse, heart palpitations and sweating are the symptoms associated with this problem. So don’t take these symptoms lightly because it may lead to serious health complications like stroke, heart failure and Alzheimer’s disease.
In Ayurveda, Abnormal Heart Rhythm (Arrhythmia) falls under the category of hridroga (heart diseases). There are three energies – vata, pitta and kapha in our body which helps to maintain a good health. Imbalance of any of three energies results in the health complications. Abnormal Heart Rhythm is due to the imbalance of all three energies (vata, pitta and kapha).
- Imbalanced Vata dosha causes the irregular heartbeat.
- Aggravated Pitta dosha is responsible for increased heartbeat.
- Imbalanced in Kapha dosha results in the slow heartbeat.
From Ayurvedic perspective to manage Abnormal Heart Rhythm, there are various herbs like Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Pipal tvak ( Ficus religiosa), Dalchini (Cinnamon tamala), Choti Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum) present in Ayurveda which are packed with cardioprotective properties and helps to strength the heart muscles in a natural way. Though herbs take time to show their effects but they try to resolve the ailment from root.
What is Abnormal Heart Rhythm?
Irregular heart beat means when your heart beats too fast, slow or irregular. It is also known as arrhythmia. Heart has valves, nodes and chambers which controls the pumping of blood. So when there is the disruption in function of this system it results in changed pattern of heart beat.
Types of Abnormal Heart Rhythm
- Tachycardia – Tachycardia means that when heart beat is too fast. Normally heart beats 60-100 times per minutes. Whereas in tachycardia heart beats faster than 100 beats per minutes.
- Atrial fibrillation (AF) – Atrial fibrillation is the most common arrhythmia. In this case heart beat gets increased up to 100- 200 beats per minute.
- Bradycardia – In this case the heart beat is slow which less than 60 beats per minute.
- Ventricular fibrillation (VF) – Ventricular fibrillation is the type of irregular rhythm which can stop the beating of heart and may results in the cardiac arrest. It requires immediate doctor’s consultation because it is life threatening.
What can be the Symptoms of Abnormal Heart Rhythm?
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Irregular pulse
- Heart palpitations
- Pale color of skin
Causes of Abnormal Heart Rhythms
- Coronary heart diseases
- Use of certain medications like amphetamines (stimulate brain) and beta blockers (reduce high blood pressure) which can cause the irregular heart beat rate
- Heart abnormalities
- High blood pressure
- Imbalance of electrolytes (sodium and potassium) in the blood
Herbal Remedies for Abnormal Heart Rhythm
As per Ayurvedic point of view abnormal heart rhythm comes under “Hridroga”. Imbalance of dosha (Vata, Pitta & Kapha) are the reason for any disease. Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Heart Care Pack for Ayurvedic treatment of abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmia). These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives.
Heart Care Pack
1. ARJUNA CAPSULES
Herbal formulation for Abnormal Heart Rhythm is Arjuna capsules which are prepared from the pure extract of herb Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna). This herb is very helpful & effective especially for heart which maintains proper pumping of heart.
Benefits – Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) is very effective herb to resolve all heart problems. It is helpful to decrease the LDL cholesterol and to increase the HDL cholesterol. Regular usage of this herb give satisfactory results in the Abnormal Heart Rhythm.
Dosage – Two capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. ARJUN TEA
Arjun tea is a wonderful herbal formulation for Abnormal Heart Rhythm by planet Ayurveda. Regular consumption of this tea gives positive result that manage the Abnormal Heart Rhythm. This herbal formulation is an amazing blend of various herbs which are given below:-
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) – Arjuna is known be very effective herb against the heart problems. It offers cardioprotective properties and thus strength the heart muscles. Regular use of this herb helps to provide relief in the heart problems.
- Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa) – Punarnava has the great medicinal importance from ancient times to manage the heart problems. It is packed with rejuvenating properties and helpful in relaxation of heart muscles.
- Pipal tvak (Ficus religiosa) – Pipal tvak has the great importance in the Indian religion. It is also considered as effective herb to manage the Abnormal Heart Rhythm and strengthen heart muscle.
- Twak (Cinnamon tamala) – It maintains optimum blood pressure levels, reduces the cholesterol levels and helps to strengthen heart muscles. Thus it is a very useful herb to manage the Abnormal Heart Rhythm.
- Ela (Elettaria cardamom) – Ela helps to maintain the good heart health.
How to Use?
- Put one cup of water and 1 cup of milk in a pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Arjun tea and then stir the mixture.
- Boil the mixture and simmer it on low heat. Boil until it reduces to one cup.
- Strain the tea and add sweetener if needed (drink without sugar).
3. TOTAL HEART SUPPORT
This herbal capsules for Abnormal Heart Rhythm is very useful and several patients are benefitted with it. Total heart support capsule provides strength to heart muscles. The capsules are prepared from herbs that are mentioned below:
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) – Arjuna is known be very effective herbs against the heart problems. It offers cardioprotective properties and thus provides strength to heart muscles. Regular use of this herb helps to provide the relief in the heart problems.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – Ashwagandha is quite useful to maintain the good cholesterol levels, optimum blood pressure and provides strength to the heart muscles. Thus Ashwagandha is an effective herb to manage the Abnormal Heart Rhythm.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) – Brahmi has the great medicinal importance in Ayurveda as it offers the overall health benefits. The herb manages symptom of Abnormal Heart Rhythm and helps to maintain the overall good health.
- Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) – Shankhpushpi is also another important herb in ancient Ayurveda. It helps to manage anxiety and stress.
Dosage – One capsule two times daily with plain water.
To buy Heart Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/heart-care-pack
Why Should one go for Planet Ayurveda?
- All the products are 100% pure.
- Efficacy of the herbs is checked in the labs before making any herbal formulation.
- Products are free from chemicals, preservatives, starch and any color.
- All the products are manufactured under the guidance of highly experienced MD Ayurveda doctors.
- Eat foods which are rich in fiber like brown rice, barley, whole grains and oatmeal.
- Consume fruits and vegetables as they are low in calories.
- Avoid high fat foods and alcohol.