According to Ayurveda acidity is known as Amlapitta which is one of the most common symptom (disease) seen and faced by people in the society. In acidity, pitta dosha is much more involved in comparison to vata & kapha dosha.
Acidity comes under Gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD). This problem or a disease happens when acid in the stomach regularly flows back into the tube connecting your mouth and stomach (oesophagus). People suffering from acidity experiences acidic reflux.
Acidity commonly results to heartburn. Hydrochloric acid is present in the stomach which helps in the efficient digestion of food and protect the growth of unwanted bacteria. So when there is an excessive production of this acid leads to the disturbance in the gastric glands of stomach.
CAUSES OF ACIDITY
- Eating heavy meals close to bedtime
- Highly spicy food
- Life style
- Consumption of beverages such as alcohol, coffee, tea, and carbonated drinks
- Anti-inflammatory medicine and some of the antibiotics
- Being Pregnant
- Stress and tension
COMPLICATIONS OF ACIDITY
Due to over secretion of gastric juices, there is the disruption in the lining of the upper part of small intestine. In some cases, ulcers can be the cause of cancer.
2. Dyspepsia and heart burns
Dyspepsia is the narrowing of the esophagus which creates the sensation of food being stuck in the throat. It occurs after taking meals and is brought by excess abdominal pressure. In acidity one has to face burning sensation in the chest, burping and sometimes leads to chest pain.
SYMPTOMS OF ACIDITY
- Burning sensation in the chest
- Vomiting tendency
- Chest pain
- Sensation of a lump in your throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Severe pain in the stomach
- Difficulty in breathing when acidity is at the acute stage
- Due to hyper acidity there is erosion of gum and teeth
- Bad breath
DIAGNOSIS OF ACIDITY
- Diagnosis is done through x – ray technique to check the complications in the esophagus. In this process, barium swallow radiograph is used which helps in monitoring of esophagus.
- Endoscopy is used to diagnose the problems in the esophagus. Small tube with a camera through the mouth is inserted in esophagus.
- In Biopsy there is the removal of small piece from the lining of esophagus for diagnosis purpose. This procedure is done to identify any underlying cancer.
- Esophageal manometry is also done to diagnose acid reflux. In this case, narrow tube is inserted into the stomach through esophagus to check out the proper functioning of esophagus.
CAUSES OF ACIDITY - ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA
Acidity in Ayurveda is the production of Ama (toxin) in the body which results in the sourness and heat in body. In Ayurveda cause of acidity is due to pitta dosha. When kapha is associated with aggravated pitta, acid starts effecting esophagus. Aggravation in the doshas is due to eating spicy and sour food, smoking and excessive consumption of tea, coffee, sleeping immediately after meal, stress and anger.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Acidity Care Pack for natural treatment of acidity. We provides 100 percent pure and natural products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.
- Amalaki Rasayan - 1 capsule, twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Digestion Support - 1 capsule, twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Heartburn Capsules - 1 capsule, twice daily, with plain water after meal.
1. Amalaki Rasayan
Amalaki Rasayan is richest source of vitamin c. Fruit pulp of fresh amla is grind with many other herbs to prepare this Amalaki rasayan.
Benefits - It is used to treat peptic ulcers. Amla is effective to treat the indigestion, heartburn, ulcers and hyperacidity.
2. Digestion Support
It is the combination of herbs such as Amla (Emblica officianalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bahera (Terminalia bellerica), Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare), Dhania (Coriandrum sativum), Pippali (Piper longum) and Jeerak (Cyminum cuminum).
Benefits - Digestion support gives the relief in gas, bloating and indigestion. Balances the three doshas vata, pitta and kapha.
3. Heartburn Capsules
Major ingredients of heart burn capsules are Coral Calcium (Praval Pishti), Agate Calcium (Akik Pishti), an Ayurvedic calcium compound (Jahar Mohra Pishti), (Kamdudha Ras), Pearl Calcium (Mukta Pishti) and Tinospora corifolia stem extract (Giloy Satva).
Benefits - These heart burn capsules help to stop stomach acid. It is the preparation of pure extracts of natural corals, pearls, mineral stones and herbs like Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). Giloy is an important herb that helps to control the excessive pitta secretions in the body.
Where to buy Acidity Care Pack?
To buy Acidity Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/acidity-care-pack.html
- One should have pineapple and papaya in their diet because these fruits contain proteases which are digestive enzymes.
- Spicy food should be avoided because spices cause the ulcers and heart burns.
- Food which has high content of fat should be avoided.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking should be avoided.
- Hot drinks also increase the acidity of stomach so such drinks should be avoided.