Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Agnimandya 10.
Agnikumara Vati is a mineral-herbal formulation. This medicine is very helpful in treating the problems of digestion.
- Rasendra – Purified and processed Mercury
- Gandhaka – Purified and processed Sulphur
- Tankana – Purified and processed Borax
- Vatsanabh – Purified Aconitum ferox
- Kaparda Bhasma – Bhasma of Cowries
- Shankha Bhasma – Conch shell Bhasma
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
Method of Preparation
- First of all take all the ingredients in an appropriate amount.
- Take gandhaka, tankana and rasendra up to one gram.
- Take vatsanabh, shankha bhasma and kaparda Bhasma up to three grams and maricha up to eight grams.
- Now take mercury and sulphur. Ground the both minerals together and prepare a black mass.
- Now add all ingredients to this mixture and ground with lemon juice
- At last made its pills of 125 mg.
It is poly herbal formulation which is available in tablet form. It helps to balance the vata and kapha doshas in body and manage their related problems. It is used in various ailments like gastrointestinal and respiratory conditions. It provides relief from fever with indigestion and due to kapha imbalance. It is useful in various digestive problems like diarrhea, indigestion, vomiting, and gas. Apart from these it is quite beneficial in respiratory problems like cold, cough, and rhinitis. It helps to remove the toxins from the body.
- Sprue syndrome
125mg to one gram tablet, two times a day, before or after the meals.
- Use the medicine under medical supervision.
- Avoid if pregnant
- Overdose can cause dizziness and tremors.