Akik bhasma is a fine powdered Ayurvedic medicine which is prepared from a natural mineral named as agate (mineral of silica) gem or akika. It is found in different colors such as white, blue, red and yellow. Mostly White color is used for the preparation of remedies. It provides energy and natural minerals to body. It is used in the treatment of heart diseases like hypertension, digestive disorders like diarrhea and liver disorders. It also helps in the rejuvenation of the cells for effective functioning. This mineral stone also possess healing and soothing properties.
- Shudh (purified) Akik or processed agate
- Rose water
- Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis)
Method Of Preparation
Purified akik or agate is crushed with aloe vera juice and other herbal juices. Then it is exposed to heat at 300 degree Celsius temperature for 1 – 2 hours, allowed to self-cooling and grind into very fine powder. It is known as Akik bhasma.
125mg - 250 mg twice a day.
- It act as cardiac tonic and useful in heart disease like hypertension and also strengthens the heart muscles.
- It helps to balance the pitta doshas and their related disorders.
- It is used in mental depression.
- It is useful in excessive uterine bleeding.
- It good for eyes and helps in conjunctivitis and reduces burning sensation in eyes.
- It helps in treatment of digestive disorders like diarrhea, acidity, flatulence, constipation, heart burn and vomiting.
- It promotes the healing process and have soothing properties.
- It provides essential nutrients to the body and assures good health.
- It has rejuvenation property and rejuvenates all parts of the body.
- It is avoided in case of tuberculosis, asthma, and productive cough and wheezing.
- It should be taken under medical supervision during breastfeeding and asthma.
- Sometimes its long time unsupervised use may cause kidney stones.