Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Amavata Rogadhikara.
Amavatari Ras is an ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from the mixture of herbs. This formulation is known to contain metal elements and known to treat problems related to joints. This balances all the three doshas.
- Rasa – Herbal purified Mercury – 10 g
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur - 20 g
- Amalaki – Emblica officinalis – 10 g
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula – 10 g
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica – 10 g
- Guggulu – Commiphora mukul - 50 g
- Chitrak – Plumbago zeylanica – 40 g
- Erandataila – Castor oil (Ricinus communis)
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients in an appropriate proportion.
- First of all, mix rasa and Shuddha Gandhaka and then add other ingredients in it.
- In the end mix the mixture with castor oil and pounding done till the formation of soft regular paste.
250 to 500 mg, one to two times a day, before or after meals, with honey or hot water.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Joint movement and flexibility
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation.
- Take the medicine under doctor's prescription.