Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Agnimandyadirogadhikar 360/260-263
Amrita haritaki is a herbo-mineral composition. This Ayurvedic formulation is effective for indigestion and low digestive fire. The ingredients in this formulation are helpful in improving digestive power.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) - 1 part
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) - 1 part
- Pippali (Piper longum) - 1 part
- Haritaki Churna (Powder of Terminalia chebula) - 100 pieces
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica) - 1 part
- Chavya (Piper chava) - 1 part
- Takra (Buttermilk) - 5 litres
- Pippali Mool Churna (powder of Piper nigrum) - 1 part
- Saindhav Lavan (rock salt) - 1 part
- Souvarchal Churna (black salt) - 1 part
- Samudra Lavan (sea salt) - 1 part
- Nishoth (Operculina turpenthum) - 8 parts
Description of Main Ingredients
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) - Shunthi is an amazing herb which mainly pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It is very beneficial in indigestion thus aids in management of digestive ailments.
- Maricha - It is also known as piper nigrum. It possesses a pungent taste thus promotes digestive fire. It also enhances the appetite. It has numerous properties which aid in relieving the symptoms of associated diseases.
- Pippali -It promotes digestive fire and has rejuvenating property. It pacifies Vata and Kapha. It is effective in indigestion and other abdominal problems.
- Haritaki Churna - It promotes digestion and improves digestive strength. It is effective in indigestion, liver and spleen problems.
- Chitrak - Due to pungent and hot properties, it acts as an appetizer and digestant. It is useful in indigestion, anorexia etc.
- Chavya - It has a pungent taste. It pacifies Vata and Kapha dosha and hence effective in improving digestive power.
Method of Preparation
- Mix all the above mentioned powders and filtrate this mixture and give 3 bhavna of chukra (Rumex vesicarius).
- After drying of this churna, put this mixture into the haritaki fruit and tied with a thread and let them dry under the sunlight.
- After drying kept this formulation in glass container.
Amrita haritaki is a herbo-mineral composition. This Ayurvedic formulation is best for indigestion. The ingredients such as chavya, chitrak, shunthi, pippali, maricha increases the digestive fire and improves digestion and also helpful in digesting Aama (Endotoxins). This medicine is useful in mandagni states (Low digestive fire).
- Low digestive fire
- Abdominal pain
1 or 2 pieces of Haritaki twice a day with buttermilk.
Take under the medical supervision.