Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Kustha Rogadhikar 881/217-222
Amrita guggulu is a herbo-mineral Ayurvedic formulation. It is effective in various Skin disorders and Gout.
- Haritaki - 10 kg
- Amalaki - 5 kg
- Bibhitaki - 5 kg
- Guduchi - 470 gms
- Dashmool - 470 gms
- Patha - 470 gms
- Maricha - 470 gms
- Balamoola - 470 gms
- Katuki - 470 gms
- Daruharidra - 470gms
- Erandamool Twak - 470 gms
- Shuddha Guggul - 470 gms
- Cow’s Ghee - 375 gms
- Shunthi - 92 gms
- Pippali - 92 gms
- Guduchi Satva - 92 gms
Description of Main Ingredients
- Triphala - This is prepared by mixing equal parts of Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica). It pacifies all three doshas. This rasayan is effective in all disorders. It has a wonderful anti-inflammatory action, thus effective in all the inflammatory conditions. It also possesses anti-cancerous properties and alleviates all the harmful toxins from the body. It also helps in weight loss.
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) - It is an effective drug in various disorders. It is useful in enhancing immunity. Due to its uses in various diseases, it is also known as Amrita. It has hot potency. It pacifies all three dosha and acts as antioxidant thus removing all the toxins from the body.
- Dashmoola - Dashmoola is a combination of two panchmool i.e. laghu panchmool and brihat panchmool. In Brihat panchmool, Bilva (Aegle marmelos), Agnimantha (Premna serratifolia), shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum), patala (Stereospermum suaveolens), Gambhari (Gmelina arborea) and laghu panchmoola contains brihati (Solanum indicum), Kantkari (Solanum xanthocarpum), shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum), prishnaparni (Uraria picta), gokshura (Tribulus terrestris). This is best for Arthritic conditions and also for skin problems.
- Patha (Cissampelos pareira) - It is very beneficial as it possesses antimicrobial and antidiarrheal properties and restricts the growth of bacteria which aids in causing diarrhea. It also prevents the fluid loss from the body. Thus, it is very useful.
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) - Maricha has pungent taste and assists in improving the function of the digestive system. It is very beneficial in sustaining a healthy digestive system.
- Balamoola (Sida Cordifolia) - This herb pacifies all the three dosha as it is mentioned in prajasthapana (sustaining fetal health), Brihamneeya (strengthens and nourishes the body) etc. It is very effective in boosting the immune system and eliminates all the toxins from the body.
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa) - Katuki is a herb which possesses anti-inflammatory, decongestant, antiallergic properties. It is very effective in congestion, inflammatory conditions, asthma and removes all the irritants naturally thus helpful in many allergies.
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata) - This is an amazing herb which has anti inflammatory, antihistamine, antipyretic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It is very good in skin diseases such as psoriasis, acne, eczema, leprosy etc. Thus it helps in cleaning the cells by clearing all the infections.
- Erandamool twak (Ricinus communis) - This herb is used in various herbal formulations because it possesses numerous health benefits. It is very good for relieving body aches as it is a wonderful analgesic. It mainly pacifies vata dosha.
- Shuddha Guggul (Commiphora mukul) - Guggul is known for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic property. It is a wonderful herb which pacifies all the tridosha in the body. Thus promotes weight loss and manges the level of glucose and cholesterol in the body.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) - Shunti is an amazing herb which mainly pacifies vata and kapha dosha. This herb is very useful in gastric ailments and aids in relieving the pain in the abdomen, bloating, and gastritis. It also helps in constipation, vomiting etc.
- Pippali (Piper longum) - It promotes digestive fire and has rejuvenating property. It pacifies Vata and Kapha. It is effective in indigestion, diarrhea, gastric problems and stomach pain.
- Cow’s Ghee - It consists of a bundle of nutrients and has numerous health benefits. It strengthens the body, and acts as balya (nourishes) and vrishya (aphrodisiacs). It also possesses tridosha pacifying property and keeps us healthy.
Method of Preparation
- Grind the above mentioned drugs and make a decoction in 26 liters water.
- When 3.2 liters are left, then filter this mixture.
- Again make a decoction of Shuddha Guggul alone and filter this decoction and fried this with cow’s ghee.
- Add guduchi satva, pippali and shunthi in this formulation.
- Kept this in a airtight glass container.
Amrita guggulu is an Ayurvedic formulation. The ingredients in this formulation are effective in various skin diseases. This formulation is also useful in gouty condition. It maintains proper digestion by improving digestive power of the individual.
Skin disorders, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, fistula etc.
2 tablets twice a day with the decoction of khadira (Acacia catechu).
It should be taken under medical supervision.