Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Kshudrarogadhikar 948/161-163
Amritankur vati is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is a herbo-mineral composition effective in various disorders. The ingredients in this formulation are useful in nourishing bodily tissues.
- Abhrak Bhasma
- Shuddha Gandhak
- Loha Bhasma
- Shuddha Parada
- Shuddha Vatsanabha
- Shuddha Shilajit
Description of Ingredients
- Abhrak Bhasma (Calcined mica) - This ash is used in Ayurveda for various disorders such as abdominal, liver, respiratory disorders. It has anti-inflammatory action and has digestive properties.
- Shuddha Gandhak - This is a non-metallic solid element. In Ayurveda it is first detoxified to get shuddha Gandhak. Pure form of sulphur is used as Rasayan (Rejuvenate). It helps in improving digestion.
- Loha bhasma - Iron ash is very useful in Anemic conditions. It is also effective in skin disorders, tuberculosis and pacifies all three doshas. It increases the RBCs count in the body.
- Shuddha Parada - This is a pure form of mercury. It is used as medicine in lots of diseases because it also acts as Rasayan (Rejuvenating). Parada is silver colored liquid metal also called Quicksilver. It balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). It is Balya (Tonic). It improves digestion and strength.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox) - This herb balances all the three dosha and is very useful in patients suffering from piles. It also enhances the digestive fire due to its deepana and pachana properties. It is used as medicine after detoxifying. It has antipyretic and analgesic properties.
Method of Preparation
- Make a kajjali from Parada and Gandhak in a khral yantra.
- Now mix the rest of the ingredients in this kajjali and give Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) swaras bhavna.
- Make 125 mg tablets and let them dry.
- Kept these tablets in airtight glass container.
Amritankur loha is an Ayurvedic formulation. The ingredients in this formulation are helpful in blood disorders. They purify blood and nourish tissues of the body. They all improve digestion by improving digestive power.
- Skin disorders
- Effective in blood disorders
1 tablet twice a day with the extracts or decoction of Amla (Emblica officinalis).
- Avoid in pregnancy and in children.
- Take under the medical supervision.