Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Jwaratisaradhikar 233/88-93
Amritarnav rasa is a herbo-mineral composition. This Ayurvedic formulation is effective for the treatment of diarrhea associated with fever. The ingredients in this formulation are helpful in improving digestive power.
- Hinguloth Parada
- Loha Bhasma
- Shuddha Gandhak
- Shuddha Suhaga
- Kachur Churna (Powder of Curcuma zedoaria)
- Dhaniya Churna (powder of Coriandrum sativum)
- Netrabala (Powder of Pavonia odorata)
- Nagarmotha Churna (powder of Cyperus scariosus)
- Patha churna (Powder of Cissampelos pareira)
- Shweta Jeerak Churna (Powder of Cuminum cyminum)
- Atisa Churna (Powder of Aconitum heterophyllum)
Description of Main Ingredients
- Hinguloth Parada - This is the mixture of hingula (Cinnabar) and Parada (Mercury). It has a bitter and astringent taste. It pacifies all three dosha (Vata, pitta and kapha). It is effective in skin disorders and digestive problems.
- Loha Bhasma - It is also effective in skin disorders and also pacifies all three doshas. It also improves digestive power and best in anemic conditions.
- Shuddha Gandhak - Pure form of Sulphur is also used as medicine after detoxification of Sulphur. Pure form of sulphur is used as Rasayan (Rejuvenate). It acts as antifungal, antimicrobial and aids in alleviating all types of skin disorders.
- Shuddha Suhaga (Citrus tankan) - It is pungent in taste and has hot potency. This is also known as Citrus tankan. It improves digestive power and has expectorant, diuretic, antispasmodic, carminative properties. It also helps in burning fat thus promoting weight loss.
Method of Preparation
- Make a kajjali from shuddha parada and shuddha Gandhak.
- Mix all the above mentioned powders in equal quantity and give proper frolement with goat’s milk.
- Make 60 mg tablet.
It is a herbo-mineral Ayurvedic formulation. The ingredients in this formulation are effective in improving digestive power. It stimulates digestive fire and hence improves digestion by digesting Aama (Endotoxins).
- Diarrhea associated with fever
- Chronic diarrhea
1 tablet twice a day with honey or Dhaniya powder (Powder of Coriandrum sativum).
- Avoid in pregnancy.
- Take under the medical supervision.