Reference: Ashtanga Hridaya Chikitsa Sthana 3/93-97
Amrita Prasha Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It balances the vata and pitta doshas. It is used in the treatment of hiccup, cures vaginal and urinary ailments.
- Jeevaniya gana herbs as Liquorice, Ginger, Asparagus & Meda
- Punarnava – Boerhaavia diffusa
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Bharngi – Clerodendron serratum
- Atmagupta – Mucuna pruriens
- Shati – Hedychium spicatum
- Tamalaki – Phyllanthus niruri
- Kana – Long pepper
- Shringataka – Trapa natans
- Payasya – Fritillaria roylei
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Draksha – Raisins
- Akshoda - Juglans regia
- Sarpi – Ghee
- Ksheera – Milk
- Dhatrirasa- Amla juice
- Vidari rasa – Pueraria tuberosa
- Ikshurasa – Sugarcane juice
- Chagamamsarasa – Goat meat soup
- Madhu – Honey
- Sharkara – Sugar
- Maricha – Pepper
- Twak – Cinnamon
- Ela – Cardamom
- Patra - Cinnamom
- Keshara – Mesua ferrea
Method of Preparation
The above combination is heated till herbal ghee is prepared.
- Burning sensation
- Bleeding disorders
- Chest lesions
- Gynecological diseases
Quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- This medicine should be strictly taken only under medical supervision.
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- For people having diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should take this medicine only under special care.