Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Jwaradhikar 138/552-553
Amritmanjari rasa is a classical Ayurvedic formulation. It is effective in all fevers either caused by poor digestive fire or by fear, trauma etc.
- Maricha Churna: Maricha is known as Piper nigrum. This is a wonderful herb which is pungent in taste thus aids in improving the digestive fire and enhances the secretion of stomach.
- Shuddha Hingula: Botanically it is known as Ferula assa-foetida. This pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It increases pitta dosha and relieves abdominal pain. This stimulates digestive fire and is used as an appetizer.
- Shuddha Suhaga: This is also known as Citrus tankan. It improves digestion and relieves bloating. It pacifies vata dosha and is effective in fever.
- Pippali Churna: Pippali is known as Piper longum. Pippali is an herb which mainly pacifies Vata and kapha Dosha. It increases the digestive fire and is effective in indigestion, diarrhea, gastric problems and stomach pain, liver and spleen problems and hence pacifies fever.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha: this is known as Aconitum ferox. This is used as medicine after detoxifying this drug. It has antipyretic and diaphoretic properties.
- Javitri: Botanically it is known as Myristica fragrans. It is effective in fever and diarrhea which occur simultaneously. It stimulates digestive fire. It is also effective in indigestion, anorexia, liver disorders etc.
Method of Preparation
- Take all above said drugs 50 gm and give proper frolement with Nimbu swarasa (Lemon extract).
- Make 125 or 250 mg tablets and keep in an airtight glass container.
Amrit manjari rasa is an Ayurvedic formulation and is very effective in fever. Maricha, hingula and pippali is very effective in improving digestive power. Because of most of the fever are due to low digestive power. So this medicine enhances digestive fire and treats various fever.
- Effective in all types of fever
- Effective in cough
1 tablet twice a day with honey or tambul swarasa.
- Take under the medical supervision
- Avoid in kids