Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Agnimandyadirogadhikar 345/99
Amrit vati is an Ayurvedic medicine which is effective in indigestion. This is herbo-mineral composition. This is helpful in pacifying pitta and kapha dosha.
- Maricha Churna: Maricha is known as Piper nigrum. It improves the function of the digestive system. It has pungent taste and promotes digestive fire. This stimulates appetite. It has antibacterial properties.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha: This is known as Aconitum ferox. This is used as medicine after detoxifying this drug. It has antipyretic and diaphoretic properties. It pacifies vata, pitta and kapha dosha, especially balances vata and kapha dosha. It improves digestion and strength. It has analgesic properties also.
- Varatika Bhasma: This is also known as Kaparda bhasma (Cowrie ash). It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of indigestion, boils and pitta diseases. It balances kapha and pitta dosha.
Method of Preparation
- Take Maricha churna 9 parts, Varatika bhasma 5 parts and shuddha Vatsanabha 2 parts.
- Give proper frolement and bhavna with water.
- Make 125mg tablets, dry them and keep in an airtight glass container.
Amrit vati is very effective in indigestion. This vati improves digestion by improving or enhancing digestive power. Maricha churna is very helpful in improving digestive power. This medicine has anti-bacterial and analgesic properties and is useful in stomach pain.
- Stimulates digestive fire
1 Tablet twice a day with warm water after meal.
- Take under medical supervision.
- Avoid in children and pregnant women.