Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Atisaradhikar 251/155-157
Abhaya-Nrisingha rasa is a classical Ayurvedic product. It is effective in Atisara (Diarrhea). This is herbo-mineral formulation. This tablet has Afeem (Poppy) like smell.
- Shuddha Hingula: Botanically it is known as Ferula assa-foetida. This pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It increases pitta dosha and relieves abdominal pain. This stimulates digestive fire and is used as an appetizer.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha: This is known as Aconitum ferox. This is used as medicine after detoxifying this drug. It has antipyretic and diaphoretic properties. It pacifies vata, pitta and kapha dosha, especially balances vata and kapha dosha. It improves digestion and strength. It has analgesic properties also.
- Shudha Parada: This pure form of mercury means purified mercury is used as medicine. Parada is silver coloured liquid metal also called Quicksilver. Parada is a very effective drug. It balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). It has Aphrodisiac (Vrishya), Balya (Tonic), and acts as Rasayana (Rejuvenate) properties. It improves digestion and provides strength to the body.
- Shuddha Gandhaka: Pure form of Sulphur is also used as medicine in various diseases. This is a non-metallic solid element found in nature. In Ayurveda it is first detoxified to get shudha Gandhaka. It acts as laxative and alterative. Pure form of sulphur is used as Rasayan (Rejuvenative). It improves digestion by stimulating digestive fire.
- Shudha Afeema: Afeem is known as Papavar somniferum. This herb pacifies kapha dosha, Grahi (absorbent), shoolprashmana (pain relieving), balya (strengthening), vrishya (aphrodisiac) and nidrajanan (sedative).
- Abhraka Bhasma: Abhrak bhasma is calcined mica ash used in ayurveda for abdominal, liver, respiratory disorders. It has anti-inflammatory, antacid, nutritious and digestive properties.
- Shunthi: Shunthi is known as Zingiber officinale. This is very effective in digestive problems. It pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. It is helpful in bloating, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
- Maricha: Maricha is known as Piper nigrum. It improves the function of the digestive system. It has pungent taste and promotes digestive fire. This stimulates appetite. It has antibacterial properties.
- Pippali: Pippali is known as Piper longum. It promotes digestive fire and has rejuvenating property. It pacifies Vata and Kapha. It is effective in indigestion, diarrhea, gastric problems and stomach pain.
- White Jeera: Jeera is known as Cuminum cyminum. This stimulates digestive fire. It is effective in abdominal pain, bloating, flatulence, diarrhea and indigestion.
Method of Preparation
- Take all drugs in equal quantity except Shudha Afeema which is taken in double quantity with respect to other drugs.
- Firstly make kajjali from Shudha Parada and Shudha Gandhaka.
- Then mix the powder of rest of the drugs and give nimbu swarasa (Lemon extract) bhavna.
- Make 125 mg of tablet and dry them.
- Put tablets safely in an airtight glass container.
Abhya nrisingha rasa is an effective herbal remedy for the treatment of diarrhea. It contains trikatu and hingula which is very useful in enhancing digestive fire because diarrhea is generally because of low digestive fire i.e. Mandagni. These ingredients stimulate digestive fire and improve digestive power. Also it contains Afeema, vatsnabh which is very effective in abdominal pain.
- Diarrhea associated with fever
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Abdominal pain
1 tablet twice a day with honey or lukewarm water after meal.
- Avoid in pregnant and lactating women.
- Avoid in children.
- Take under the medical supervision as it contain Parada, Gandhaka, Afeem and Vatsnabha.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile