Amrit Vartika Rasayan
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Agnimandhyadirogadhikar 344/95-98
This Rasayan is effective in all disorders. As said by Shri Mrityunjay Mahadev that this rasayan is best in all the Rasayan. This Rasayan provides best results in all disorders.
- Triphala: This is prepared by mixing equal parts of Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellrica). It pacifies all three doshas. This rasayan is effective in all disorders.
- Trikatu: This is obtained by mixing Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis), Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum). This is effective in kapha disorders.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri): This drug acts as laxative and also known as brain tonic. It improves digestion. This is effective in pacifying tridosha.
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia): This is a very effective drug in enhancing immunity As low immunity is the cause of every disorder.
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica): this drug pacifies tridosha and is effective in all disorders, especially in malabsorption, leprosy, oedema, respiratory problems etc.
- Nagakesara (Mesua ferrea): This drug is effective in digestive problems, respiratory problems, skin problems etc. It is used as tonic and anti-dote. It pacifies kapha and pitta dosha.
- Shunthi: Shunthi is known as Zingiber officinale. This is very effective in digestive problems. It pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. It is helpful in bloating, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
- Nirgundi: Botanically nirgundi is called Vitex negundo. It has pungent and hot properties. It improves digestion and appetite. It is effective in indigestion and anorexia.
- Bhanga: This is an opium drug also known as Cannabis sativa. Bhanga is a good appetizer. It is digestant, astringent and has alleviating action in intestines.
- Bhringraj: Bhringraj is also known as Eclipta alba. This herb alleviates swelling and pain. It stimulates digestive fire and improves digestion. It improves the bilious flow. It is Aama (endotoxins) digestant and antihelminthic.
- Haldi (Curcuma longa): Haldi is useful in many diseases. It acts as an antibiotic. It pacifies pitta dosha. This is effective in skin problems, blood disorders etc.
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata): This is an evergreen shrub. This herb is useful in pacifying kapha and pitta dosha. Effective in diseases of throat, ear and eye.
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum): This is also known as darusita. It is effective in mouth problems and thirst. It pacifies vata and pitta dosha.
Method of Preparation
- Take all above said drugs in 93 gm and mix them together
- Take 2335 gm jaggery and mix with powder of all drugs
- Give proper frolement to these drugs with jaggery
- Make 360 tablets (each of 12 gms)
- Kept in airtight glass container
This is a rasayan formulation. It is very effective in all disorders. This rasayan is best for indigestion. This rasayan nourishes the bodily tissues (Rasadi dhatu) and gives strength to the person. It improves skin turgidity and treats wrinkles of the skin. This rasayan is best among all rasayan.
- It enhances the immunity
- Effective in myasthenia gravis
- Effective in old age pains
- Effective in reduced vision
1 Tablet daily at evening with cold water after meal.
Avoid taking pungent, acidic and salty food stuffs with this drug.