Amrit Kalpa Vati
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Agnimandhyadirogadhikar 344/95-98
Amrit kalpa vati is an Ayurvedic formulation effective in indigestion. It stimulates digestive fire and is a herbo-mineral product.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha: This is known as Aconitum ferox. It is used as medicine after detoxifying this drug. It has antipyretic and diaphoretic properties. It pacifies vata, pitta and kapha dosha, especially balances vata and kapha dosha. It improves digestion and strengthens the digestive tract. It has antispasmodic properties and stimulates digestive fire.
- Shudha Parada: This is a pure form of mercury. Purified mercury is used as medicine. Parada is silver coloured liquid metal also called Quicksilver. Parada is a very effective drug. It balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). It has Aphrodisiac (Vrishya), Balya (Tonic), and Rasayana (Rejuvenate) properties. It enhances digestion and stimulates the secretion of gastric juices.
- Shuddha Gandhak: This is a pure form of Sulphur and also used as medicine in various diseases. This is a non-metallic solid element found in nature. In Ayurveda it is first detoxified to get shudha Gandhaka. It acts as laxative and alterative. This pure form of sulphur is used as Rasayan (Rejuvenation). It improves digestion by stimulating digestive fire.
- Shuddha Tankan: This is also known as Citrus tankan. It improves digestion and relieves bloating. It pacifies vata dosha and is effective in anemia and jaundice.
Quantity of the Ingredients
- Shudha Parada - 100 gm
- Shuddha Gandhaka - 100 gm
- Shuddha Vatsanabha - 50 gm
- Shuddha Tankan - 50 gm
Method of Preparation
- Firstly make kajjali from Shudha Parada and Shudha Gandhaka
- Then mix Vatsanabha powder with Tankan and give proper frolement with Bhringaraj swarasa (Eclipta prostrata) for 3 days.
- Make a 125 mg tablet and just dry them and keep in an airtight glass container.
Amrit kalpa vati is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is very effective in indigestion. The main cause of indigestion is mandagni (low digestive fire), so this vati is helpful in stimulating digestive fire and improves digestion. It contains shudha parada and gandhaka which acts as appetizer and also acts as Rasayan. Tankan is helpful in bloating.and this formulation in vati form pacifies all three doshas.
- Stimulates digestive fire
1 tablet twice a day with warm water after meal.
- Avoid in pregnant and lactating women as it contain mineral compound which may be harmful for growing baby.
- Take it under the medical supervision.
- Be careful about the dose of this medicine.