Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Udarogadhikar 739/87-90
Abhaya vati is an ayurvedic formulation effective in abdominal problems. This is a herbo-mineral product and is used to treat liver and spleen disorders. It is also effective in the panchkarma therapy as a purgative (Virechana).
- Shudha Suhaga: This is also known as Citrus tankan. It improves digestion and relieves bloating like symptoms. It pacifies vata dosha and is effective in anemia and jaundice.
- Shudha Jaiphala: Jaiphal is also known as Myristica fragrans. It promotes digestive fire. It pacifies vata and kapha dosha. This is effective in relieving pain, inflammation, and acts as liver tonic due to its hepatoprotective property.
- Maricha Churna: Maricha is known as Piper nigrum. It improves the function of the digestive system. It has pungent taste and promotes digestive fire. This stimulates appetite and has antibacterial properties.
- Pippali Churna: Pippali is known as Piper longum. It promotes digestive fire and has rejuvenating property. It pacifies Vata and Kapha. It is effective in indigestion, diarrhea, gastric problems and stomach pain, liver and spleen problems.
- Haritaki Churna: Haritaki is known as Terminalia chebula. It promotes digestion and improves strength. It is effective in indigestion, liver and spleen problems, cough, asthma etc.
Method of Preparation
- Take all drugs in equal quantity except Shudha Jaiphal which is taken in double quantity.
- Give proper frolement to all powders and do Snuhikshira (Euphorbia neriifolia) bhavna.
- Make 250mg tablets and keep it in an airtight glass container.
Abhya Vati is an effective Ayurvedic preparation. This medicine is able to keep the balance of Vata and Pitta dosha, it possesses carminative, stomachic, and digestive properties etc. It is very useful in digestive troubles. It is good for enhancing digestive power in case of indigestion. It is useful in stomach pain also and gives relief in gastritis thus reduces the inflammation. Even useful to enhance the appetite. Improves the liver functions. It has a purgative effect also.
- Abdominal diseases
1 tablet twice day with warm water.
- Avoid in using Lactating and pregnant women.
- Avoid in children
- It should be taken under medical supervision.