Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Agnimandyadirogadhikar 358/235-238
Ajeernari rasa is a classical herbal ayurvedic formulation effective in indigestion. This is a herbo-mineral formulation.
- Sudha Parada (Pure form of mercury) - 46 gm
- Sudha gandhaka (Pure form of sulphur) - 46 gm
- Haritaki powder (Terminalia chebula) - 93 gm
- Shunthi powder (Zingiber officinale) - 140 gm
- Pippali powder (Piper longum) - 140 gm
- Maricha powder (Piper nigrum) - 140 gm
- Bhang powder (Cannabis sativa) - 187 gm
- Saindhava lavana (Rock salt) - 140 gm
Description of the Ingredients Used
- Shudha Parada: This pure form of mercury means purified mercury is used as a medicine. Parada is silver coloured liquid metal. Parada is a very effective drug. It balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). It has Aphrodisiac (Vrishya), Balya (Tonic), and acts as Rasayana (Rejuvenative) properties. It also enhances digestion.
- Shuddha Gandhaka: Pure form of Sulphur is also used as medicine in various diseases. This is a non-metallic solid element found in nature. It acts as laxative and alterative. Pure form of sulphur is used as Rasayan (Rejuvenative). It improves digestion by stimulating digestive fire.
- Shunthi: Shunthi is known as Zingiber officinale. This is very effective in digestive problems. It pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. It is helpful in bloating, diarrhea.
- Maricha: Maricha is known as Piper nigrum. It improves the function of the digestive system. It has pungent taste and promotes digestive fire. This stimulates appetite.
- Pippali: Pippali is known as Piper longum. It promotes digestive fire and has rejuvenating property. It pacifies Vata and Kapha.
- Haritaki Churna: Haritaki is known as Terminalia chebula. It promotes digestion and improves strength. It is effective in indigestion, liver and spleen problems, cough, asthma etc.
- Bhanga: This is an opium drug also known as Cannabis sativa. Bhanga is a good appetizer. It is digestant and astringent.
Method of Preparation
- Prepare a kajjali (paste) by proper frolement of Shudh Parada and Shudha Gandhaka.
- Add all the above powders in the kajjali and give 7 bhavna of nimbu swarasa (lemon extract) under the sunlight.
- Prepare tablets of dosage 250gm and dry it properly.
Ajeernaari rasa is useful in indigestion due to low digestive fire. Trikatu and haritaki churna is best for enhancing digestive power by digesting Aama dosha (Endotoxins). Bhang is a good appetizer which increases appetite and also pacifies pain. Parada and gandhaka stimulate digestive fire and hence improves digestion.
- Effective in indigestion
- Act as appetizer
- passes normal and frequent stools
- Abdominal pain
1 tablet twice a day with warm water.
- Take under the guidance of physician
- Avoid in lactating mother and pregnant women