Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Jwaratisaradhikar 233/94-103
Abhravatika is an Ayurvedic formulation. This is a herbo-mineral formulation effective in fever and diarrhea associated with fever. This product acts like Rasayan (Rejuvenative).
- Shudha Parada: This pure form of mercury means purified mercury is used as medicine. Parada is silver coloured liquid metal also called Quicksilver. Parada is a very effective drug. It balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). It has Aphrodisiac (Vrishya), Balya (Tonic), and acts as Rasayana (Rejuvenate) properties. It improves digestion and strength.
- Shuddha Gandhaka: Pure form of Sulphur is also used as medicine in various diseases. This is a non-metallic solid element found in nature. In Ayurveda it is first detoxified to get shudha Gandhaka. It acts as laxative and alterative.
- Abhrak Bhasma: Abhrak bhasma is calcined mica ash used in ayurveda for abdominal, liver, respiratory disorders. It has anti-inflammatory, antacid, nutritious and digestive properties. It improves diarrhea.
- Maricha: Maricha is known as Piper nigrum. It improves the function of the digestive system. It has pungent taste and promotes digestive fire. This stimulates appetite.
- Shudha Suhaga: This is also known as Citrus tankan. It improves digestion and relieves bloating.
- Pippali Churna: Pippali is known as Piper longum. It promotes digestive fire and has rejuvenating property. It pacifies Vata and Kapha. It is effective in indigestion, diarrhea.
- Shunthi: Shunthi is known as Zingiber officinale. This is very effective in digestive problems. It pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. It is helpful in bloating, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
- Bhringraj: Bhringraj is also known as Eclipta alba. This herb alleviates swelling and pain. It stimulates digestive fire and improves digestion. It improves the bilious flow. It is Aama (endotoxins) digestant and antihelminthic.
- Nirgundi: botanically nirgundi is called Vitex negundo. It has pungent and hot properties. It improves digestion and appetite. It is effective in indigestion and anorexia.
- Chitraka: This is called Plumbago zeylanica. Due to pungent and hot properties, it acts as an appetizer and digestant. It is useful in indigestion, anorexia, abdominal pain.
- Jayanti: The latin name of jayanti is Sesbania aegyptiaca. This is used in indigestion and loss of appetite. This is also used in leucoderma.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri): This drug acts as medhya also known as brain tonic. It acts as laxative and improves digestion.
- Bhanga: This is an opium drug also known as Cannabis sativa. Bhanga is a good appetizer. It is digestant, astringent and has alleviating action in intestines.
- Safeda Aparajita: Botanically it is known as Clitoria ternatea. Seeds and roots are laxative in actions.
- Tambula Patra: Botanically it is known as Piper betle. It acts as an appetizer and digestive tonic.
Method of Preparation
- Make kajjali from equal quantities of shudha Parada, shudha Gandhaka and Abhraka bhasma.
- Take all the rest drugs in equal quantity except shudha Suhaga which is taken in half quantity and give proper frolement.
- Make 250 mg tablets and keep them safely in an airtight glass container.
Abhra vatika is effective in low digestive power and also acts as aphrodisiac means it enhances testosterone production. It gives strength to the patient. It pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. It possesses carminative and digestive properties. It is very useful in respiratory disorders like cough, dyspnea and Tuberculosis etc. It helps in reducing stomach pain.
- All types of diarrhea
- Act as Aphrodisiac
- Stimulates digestive fire
- Pacifies vata and kapha dosha
- Effective in fever condition after pregnancy
1 tablets twice a day with honey or lukewarm water.
Take under medical supervision
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile