Anantadi Kasaya - Ingredients, Indications, Benefits and Uses
This formulation is mainly used in the correction of Digestive system disorders and has wide range of uses.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus) - 1 part
- Ativisa (Aconitum heterophyllum) - 1 part
- Vidanga (Embellia ribes) - 1 part
- Citraka (Plumbago zeylanica) - 1 part
- Patha (Cissampelos pariera) - 1 part
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) - 1 part
- Dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa) - 1 part
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) - 1 part
- Ambastha (Cissampelos pariera) - 1 part
- Vata ankura (Ficus benghalensis) - 1 part
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) - 1 part
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata) - 1 part
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum) - 1 part
- Mocharasa (Salmalia malabarica) - 1 part
- Ajamoda (Carum roxburghianum) - 1 part
- Pippali mula (Piper longum) - 1 part
- Aralu (Terminalia chebula) - 1 part
- Sunthi (Zingiber officinale) - 1 part
- Pippali (Piper longum) - 1 part
- Marica (Piper nigrum) - 1 part
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos) - 1 part
- Water – 16 times to all
Method of Preparation
Prepare the coarse powder of all the ingredients and add water to it. Then it should be reduced to one eighth by boiling. On completion of the process, it should be filtered through a clean cloth and used in lukewarm state.
- This formulation is widely used in the management of Kukshi roga, i.e. Diseases related with digestive system.
- The medicine has its benefit in management of Gastritis, by improving the gastric health.
- This formulation has its effect over Atisara, helps to check on diarrhea.
- The formulation benefits in bettering the gastric health when it is disturbed by IBS, Vibandha etc.
- It works very well in urinary tract infections by helping in clearing bladder and to check infections.
- It helps in many dermatological conditions like Dermatitis, Pimples and pruritis.
- This can be used when there is generalized burning sensation in the body.
- This is beneficial in excessive thirst when taken in kasaya form sip by sip, acts upon by its sheethala and grahi guna.
- It aids in the management of Hyperacidity by reducing sour-belching, and acts upon bloating too.
Reference:- Sahasrayogam // Svarasa Yoga Prakaranam (Chapter No. 3) // Anantadi Kasaya
Dosage: 40 ml. B.D. twice a day
Atisara, Dermatitis, Pimples, Irritable bowel syndrome, Urinary tract infections, Excessive thirst, Daha, Vibandha.