Reference: Rasendra Sara Sangraha, Jwara Rogadhikara 13 – 105
Arogyavardhini Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of liver diseases, fever, skin diseases, etc. This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision as it contains heavy metal ingredient. It balances the tri doshas - Vata, Pitta and Kapha in body.
- Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury – 10 g
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur – 10 g
- Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron – 10 g
- Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Mica – 10 g
- Tamra Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Copper – 10 g
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula – 20 g
- Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica – 20 g
- Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis – 20 g
- Shilajatu – Asphaltum – 30 g
- Pura – Guggulu – Indian bedelium (gum resin) – Commiphora mukul – 40 g
- Chitra – Eranda – Castor – Ricinus communis – 40 g
- Tikta – Katuki – Picrorhiza kurroa – 220 g
- Juice extract of Nimba – Neem – Azadirachta indica – Quantity Sufficient.
Method of Preparation
Fine power of above ingredient is ground with the neem juice extract, made into paste and pills are prepared.
It is an herbal formulation which is useful in all types of diseases. It helps to balance all three doshas i.e. vata, pitta and kapha in body. It is useful in problems related to heart, stomach, liver, spleen, gall bladder, skin, teeth and gums like thyroid disorders, obesity, psoriasis etc. It acts as a digestive stimulant and improves the function of digestive system. It has various pharmacological action like Appetizer, Carminative, Mild laxative, Anti-obesity, Liver tonic, Anti-inflammatory, Antipruritics, Demulcent, Anti-hypertensive, Hematogenic (helps in formation of red blood cells), Mild Expectorant etc. It is helpful to reduce the symptoms associated with various heart disease and manages the hypertension and high cholesterol level in body. It acts as a cardiac tonic. It improves both digestion and metabolic process. It provides relief from constipation and related disorders. It helps to remove the toxins from the body and acts as a great detoxifier. It also has both anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties and helpful in all types of liver problems like hepatitis, jaundice, inflammatory disease of liver, fatty liver etc.
- Acute and chronic fever
- Liver disorders
- Improves digestion
- Cardiac tonic
Take 120 – 500 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually administered along with honey, fresh ginger juice, neem juice, water or milk.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged as it contains Mercury as ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.
- Avoid this medicine during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.