Arsha Kuthar Ras - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Ayurveda sarsangrah, page no 248-249:17
Arsha Kuthar Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used for the treatment of piles (hemorrhoids). This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Purified Mercury – 48 g
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur – 96 g
- Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron – 96 g
- Tamra bhasma – Bhasma prepared from copper - 96g
- Danti – Baliospermum montanum - 240 g
- Sonth – Zingiber officinalis - 240 g
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum - 240 g
- Shuddha Vatsanabha – Purified Aconitum ferox - 240 g
- Vanshlochan (Tabasheer) - Bamboo Silica (Bamboo Manna) - 240 g
- Tankana Bhasma – Borax - 240 g
- Yava Kshara – Kshara of Barley – Hordeum vulgare - 240 g
- Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt - 240 g
- Gomutra – Cow urine – 1.65 litres
- Snuhi Ksheera – Latex of Euphorbia neriifolia – 384 g
Method of Preparation
Given quantities of mercury and sudha gandhak are taken to make kajjali (traditional Ayurvedic preparation). Rest of ingredients in powder form are added in this. Then separately Cow urine and snuhi ksheera are cooked on the slow heat. When it gets turned into a semi solid mass, then all the other ingredients are added in this and then tablets of 250 mg are made.
Take 125 – 250 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey, hot water.
- This medicine should be strictly taken only under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine can be dangerous, since it contains heavy metal ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may be harmful.
- Avoid this in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.