MUSALIKHADIRADI KASHAYAM - INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Musalikhadiradi is an Ayurvedic liquid preparation. It is kashayam preparation (Decoction) widely used in the treatment of gynaecological disorders such as leucorrhoea (white discharge) and dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
- Musali (Curculigo orchioides) – 1 part
- Khadira (Acacia catechu) - 1 part
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) - 1 part
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) - 1 part
- Jambu (Eugenia jambolana) - 1 part
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) - 1 part
- Water - 16 times
SAHASARYOGA // KASHAYAY PRAKARAN
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- Musali (Curculigo orchioides) – Musali improves the body’s immunity and makes it stronger. With an enhanced immunity our body can efficiently fight against diseases. It provides strength to the reproductive system in both males and females. It is a generalized health tonic as well because of its antioxidant properties.
- Khadira (Acacia catechu) – Khadira is known as the best herb for skin problems. Khadira has astringent properties and it is used to control the heavy bleeding along with this it also purifies the blood. It is used to treat leucorrhoea and dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) - Amalaki is rich in vitamin c, minerals and fibers. The fruit of this plant is beneficial to boost immunity power. It is also a rejuvenating herb and provides strength to the body if used on a daily basis.
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) - Gokshura is a potent diuretic, which is widely used to treat urinary tract infections. It maintains hormonal balance in females thus, mainly used in PCOD (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), endometriosis, etc.
- Jambu (Eugenia jambolana) - Jambu balances pitta and kapha dosha in the body. The fruits of this plant are absorbent in nature hence useful in treating diarrhoea. Due to its astringent properties, it pacifies pitta dosha in the body. It helps in quick wound healing and useful to manage excessive menstrual blood flow (Dysfunctional uterine bleeding).
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) - Shatavari regulates irregular periods that occur due to hormonal imbalance in the body. It is an excellent herb for the female reproductive system. It is a rejuvenative and generalized health tonic. It is anti-spasmodic in nature, hence useful to get relief from painful periods. It is an excellent fertility tonic for females.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
All the above-mentioned herbs are taken in coarse powder form and decoction is prepared with water. All ingredients are mixed well and it is boiled until it is reduced to one eighth. Leucorrhoea and dysfunctional uterine bleeding are treated with regular use of this kashayam.
Musalikhadiradi kashyam is effective in following disorders –
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
USES AND BENEFITS OF MUSALIKHADIRADI KASHAYAM
This liquid formulation is used as a general tonic. It is beneficial in conditions like endometriosis, infertility and various skin disorders. This formulation also provides strength to the body. It is best used for bleeding disorders.
There are no side effects of Musalikhadiradi kashayam, if used under proper guidelines.
5 to 15 ml once or twice daily with 4 times boiled luke warm water as suggested by physician
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy