Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Arshorogadhikar 330/238-240
Arshkuthar is a herbo-mineral composition. This ayurvedic formulation is helpful in maintaining the health of our gut. This improves our digestive power by improving our digestive fire.
- Cow’s Urine - 1.280 litres
- Snuhi Ksheera - 320 gms
- Dantimool Churna - 200 gms
- Trikatu Churna - 200 gms
- Suran Churna - 200 gms
- Vanshlochan - 200 gms
- Shuddha Tankan - 200 gms
- Yavakshar - 200 gms
- Saindhav Lavan - 200 gms
- Shuddha Gandhak - 80 gms
- Loha Bhasma - 80 gms
- Tamra Bhasma - 80 gms
- Shuddha Parada - 40 gms
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Parada - It is a silver coloured metal known as quicksilver. A purest form of herb is used as a medicine. It is mixed with gandhak and used. Parada is a very effective drug which balances all the doshas i.e. vata, pitta and kapha. The health benefits of mercury is balya (nourishes the body), aphrodisiac (vrishya) and has rejuvenating properties (rasayan). It is very beneficial for neurological disorders.
- Shuddha Gandhak - It is used as medicine in various diseases. This is a non-metallic solid element found in nature. It is useful in piles after improving digestion. As said in Charaka Samhita that Arsh (piles) are due to low digestive fire (Mandagni). It improves digestive power by stimulating digestive fire.
- Cow’s Urine - As per ayurvedic context, it is very beneficial and assists in treating lots of diseases such as leprosy, kidney diseases, fever, peptic ulcers, liver diseases etc. It also possesses anti-cancerous properties thus removing all the ill-elements or toxins from the body.
- Snuhi Ksheera (Milk latex of Euphorbia neriifolia) - Snuhi ksheera is very effective in patients with piles. It also helps in cough and sore throat. It corrects the imbalance of dosha and sustains normal body functioning.
- Suran Churna - It is pungent and astringent in taste thus pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It acts as purgative and digestive fire stimulating property. It sustains the healthy digestive system by eliminating the ailments.
- Dantimool Churna - This is an amazing herb which possesses anti-cancerous, purgative, immune boosting, anti-microbial and hepato-protective properties. It corrects the imbalance of doshas and maintains normal functioning of the body.
- Yavakshar - It is a very good remedy for kidney stones or any other obstruction in the body or throat. It also enhances digestion and corrects the urine retention; UTI’s which are very common nowadays. It also possesses hepatoprotective property and is helpful in prostate enlargement.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) - This is very effective in digestive problems. It pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. It is helpful in piles.
- Maricha - Maricha is known as Piper nigrum. It improves the function of the digestive system. It has a pungent taste and promotes digestive fire and ultimately treats Arsh (piles).
- Pippali - Pippali is known as Piper longum. It promotes digestive fire and has rejuvenating property. It pacifies Vata and Kapha. It is helpful in various digestive problems.
- Shuddha Suhaga - This is also known as Citrus tankan. It improves digestion and relieves bloating. It pacifies vata dosha and is effective in anemia and jaundice.
- Loha Bhasma - Iron ash is effective in skin disorders, tuberculosis and pacifies all three doshas. It pacifies pitta dosha and hence useful in amlapitta. It is also effective in anemic conditions.
- Tamra Bhasma (Copper Ash) - This pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. This is used as medicine after detoxifying this mineral. This is effective in Gastric problems.
Method of Preparation
- Make a kajjali from Parada and Gandhak in a kharal yantra.
- Mix all the above powders in this kajjali.
- Then add snuhikshir (Extracts of Euphorbia nerifolia) and cow’s urine.
- Cooked this formulation over low flame.
- Then filtrate this mixture and kept in airtight glass container.
Arshkuthar ras is an Ayurvedic formulation. This helps in improving low digestive fire. The ingredients in this formulation help in enhancing digestive fire. According to Acharya Charaka Arsha (piles) is caused by mandagni (low digestive fire). So this herbal medicine is best for improving digestion of the Arsha patient.
- Arsha (Piles)
- Rectal Pain
- Abdominal Pain
1 tablet twice a day with honey or butter milk.
Take under medical supervision.