Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Atisaradhikar 252/163
Atisaravarana rasa is an Ayurvedic formulation which is effective in diarrhea. It consists of a mixture of herbs. This formulation is known for their properties like digestive, anti-diarrheal etc.
- Shuddha Hingula (Ferula assa-foetida): This herb acts as an appetizer, effective in dyspnea and digest Aama (undigested food), useful in bloating, relieves abdominal pain etc.
- Shudha Kapura (Cinnamomum camphora): It has an anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties. This is helpful in digestive problems and kills bacterial growth in the gut.
- Nagarmotha (Cyperus scariosus): This is also known as nut grass. It helps improve digestion because of its deepan and paachan properties. It has anti-diarrheal, antispasmodic and carminative properties. It protects us from various bacterial infections due to its antibacterial property also.
- Indrayava (Holarrhena antidysenterica): This is very effective in diarrhea due to its anti-diarrheal property. It also has anti-microbial, antipyretic properties. It is an essential remedy for gastrointestinal problems.
- Shudha Afima (Papaver somniferum): It has an analgesic effect thus relieves abdominal pain. It also acts as an appetizer.
Method of Preparation
- Make fine powder by taking the above ingredients in equal quantity.
- Mix Afeema with water and give it water frolement once.
- Prepare tablets of 125mg and store in airtight glass bottles.
Atisaravarana rasa is a very effective formulation in every diarrheal condition. Hingula is very effective in digestive problems. It gives relief, bloating, abdominal pain etc. Afima is very helpful in abdominal pain due to chronic diarrhea. This formulation basically improves digestive power and improves digestion.
- Diarrhea (all types of diarrhea)
- Ulcerative colitis
1 tablet twice a day with plain water after meals.
- Don’t take it in overdose
- Don’t take this medicine without any medical supervision
- Take precaution while giving to the child