Anjana Prachetna Vati
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Jwaradhikar 114/306-307
This is an Ayurvedic classical herbal composition. It is effective in fever, headache, eye problems etc.
- Pipali (Piper longum)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Datura Seeds (Datura metel)
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
- Sunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- Shudh hingu (Ferula assafoetida)
- Sindhav lavan (Rock salt)
- Sarson (Mustard)
Description of the Main Ingredients
- Triphala: This is prepared by mixing equal parts of Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica). It is a wonderful combination with various health benefits. This pacifies all the three Doshas and possesses antioxidant, immune modulating, anti-inflammatory, and antipyretic and analgesic property. We can use this as a Rasayan (rejuvenative) because it nourishes the body and strengthen its normal functioning.
- Trikatu: This is obtained by mixing Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis), Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum). It is very effective in kapha elevated disorders as it pacifies kapha Dosha. It also stimulates the digestive juices and alleviates the toxins from the body.
- Vacha: Scientifically it is known as Acorus calamus. This acts as an appetizer due to its deepana (increases digestive fire) and pachana (digestive properties) properties. It is also indicated in various neurological and psychological disorders.
- Shuddha Hingula: Botanically it is known as Ferula assa-foetida. This pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It increases pitta dosha and relieves abdominal pain. This stimulates digestive fire and is used as an appetizer.
- Datura (Datura metel): This stimulates digestive fire and is used as an appetizer. It pacifies kapha Dosha and used in numerous upper Respiratory tract disorders.
Method of Preparation
- Take all the above dravya (things) in equal quantity.
- Make a fine powder. After then apply bhavna of goat’s urine to the latter
- Make tablets and let it dry.
This anjana is best for anxiety and depression patients. Dhatura is useful in brain problems. It pacifies kapha dosha. Triphala and trikatu are best for digestion. They improve digestive power by stimulating digestive fire. Vacha acts as an appetizer and increases appetite. Anjana prachetna vati is helpful in treating anxiety attacks by pacifying kapha dosha. It is effective in fever and eye problems.
- Effective in anxiety
- Eye problems
How To Apply
Apply this Anjana over eyes twice daily.
Apply under medical supervision.