Anjana Bhairava Rasa
Anjana Bhairava Rasa
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Jwaradhikar 143/601-602
This is a very effective anjana in all types of fever. This is herbo-mineral classical composition.
- Shuddha Jaiphala: Jaiphal is also known as Myristica fragrans. It promotes digestive fire. It pacifies vata and kapha dosha. This is effective in relieving pain, reduces inflammation, and acts as a liver tonic.
- Pippali Churna: The Latin name of Pippali is Piper longum. It is a wonderful digestive stimulant and sustains normal GI functioning. It mainly pacifies Vata and kapha Dosha, promotes digestive fire and effective in numerous GI disorders such as indigestion, diarrhea, gastric problems and stomach pain, liver and spleen problems.
- Shuddha Parada: Also known as purified mercury which is widely used as medicine due to its numerous health properties like tridosha shamak property, vrishya (Aphrodisiac), Balya (Tonic), and acts as Rasayana (Rejuvenate). It strengthens the nervous system and boosts the immune system.
- Shuddha Gandhak: Pure form of Sulphur is also used as medicine in various diseases. We have to purify sulphur before using it as a medicine. It acts as laxative, purgative and can be used as Rasayan due to its antioxidant property. It also works on digestive system and improves the secretions of gastric juices thus enhances the digestion.
- Loha Bhasma (Iron ash): This is very effective in vajikarana yakshma (Tuberculosis), kushta (Skin-disorders), pandu (Anemia), krimi (Worm infestation), arsha (Piles), shotha (Edema) and acts as aphrodisiac.
Method of Preparation
- Take them in 10 gm quantity and jaiphal in 120 gm.
- At first make kajjali of shuddh parada and shuddha gandhak.
- Now give proper frolement with other drugs.
- Then give again frolement with jambhiri nimbu swarasa for 3 hours.
- Keep this formulation in an airtight glass container.
Anjana bhairav ras is very effective in sannipataj jwara (fever associated with all three doshas). Jaiphal is helpful in improving digestive power. Parada and Gandhaka is useful in pacifying all three dosha i.e. Vata, pitta and kapha. Pippali churna is also effective in improving digestive power, because it promotes digestive fire and has rejuvenating property.
- In all types of fever
- Eye disorders
How To Apply
Apply this Anjana over eyes once a day (Morning).
- Use under the medical supervision
- Avoid using in kids
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile