Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Vatavyadhirogadhikar 532/168-170
Anilari Rasa is an Ayurvedic formulation. This Ayurvedic formulation is helpful in Vata disorders (Neurological diseases).
- Shuddha Parada: The other name of parada is purified mercury. Parada is silver coloured liquid metal also called Quicksilver. An effective drug which pacifies all the three Doshas and has vrishya (aphrodisiac), Balya (Tonic), property and acts as Rasayan.
- Shuddha Gandhak: Gandhak is also known as purified sulphur, is a non-metallic solid element which possess numerous health benefits such as laxative, alterative and mainly pacifies vata dosha.
Method of Preparation
- Take 1 part of purified mercury and 2 part of purified Sulphur. Make a kajjali
- Do bhavna of Eranda Mool kwaath and Nirgundi patra swarasa (Decoction of castor roots and extract of horseshoe vitex leaves) and do frolement for next 2 days.
- Make a ball structure of that kajjali and put them in an earthen pot which is closely tight with another pot.
- After drying, they were kept in baluka yantra and cooked with the help of cow’s dung.
- Take out that medicine form pot next day and do frolement
- Again do nirgundi patra swaras, eranda mool kwatha and chitrakmoola kwath bhavna and do frolement for next 2 days.
- Make a fine powder after drying and kept in glass jar safely.
Anilari rasa has an analgesic property. It pacifies vata dosha and hence gives relief from various vataj pains. Shuddha parada and Shuddha Gandhaka acts as a digestive, appetizer and analgesic and hence useful in RA and OA patients. They pacify all three doshas but are mostly effective in pacifying Vata dosha.
Pacifies Vata dosha and hence effective in all Vata disorders such as sciatica, osteoarthritis, paralysis, ano rectal pain etc.
2 tablets twice a day with honey or lukewarm water.
- It should be taken under medical supervision as it contains Parada and gandhaka
- Avoid in Pregnant and lactating women