Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Agnimandyadirogadhikar 340/48
Anjana gutika is an herbal formulation. This is used as Anjana which is applied over the eyes. This procedure is helpful in indigestion.
- Flowers of Mahua: This herb pacifies vata and pitta dosha. This herb provides nutrition to the body. Botanically it is called Bassia latifolia.
- Apamarga Tandula powder (Achyranthes aspera): This herb is bitter and pungent in taste. It pacifies Vata and kapha Dosha. It acts as a laxative and appetizer.
- Haldi (Curcuma longa): Haldi is useful in many diseases. It acts as an antibiotic. It pacifies pitta dosha. This is effective in skin problems, blood disorders etc.
- Trikatu: This is obtained by mixing Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis), Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum). This is effective in kapha disorders.
- Powder of roots of white variety Aprajita: Scientifically it is known as Clitoria ternatea. It pacifies all three dosha. It is effective in indigestion.
Method of Preparation
- Take all drugs in equal quantity (1 part each)
- Firstly filter the powder of all above said drugs except flowers of mahua.
- Make a paste of Flowers of Mahua.
- Then mix this powder with this paste and give proper frolement with water
- Make 500mg tablets and dry them
- Keep in an airtight glass container.
Anjana gutika is effective in eye disorders and also improves indigestion. Flower of mahua pacifies vata and pitta dosha and provides nutrition to the body. Trikatu is best for digestive problems. Apamarg acts as laxative and Haldi have the best antibacterial property and are useful in stomach infections.
- Low digestive fire
How to Apply
Apply on eyes twice daily.
Don't use this without any medical advice.