Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Kushtharogadhikar 864/47-48
Avalgujadi gutika is an Ayurvedic formulation which is made from Elephant dung and urine. This is effective medicine for Kushtha roga (skin diseases).
- Hathi ki lida (Elephant’s dung) - 100 kg
- Hathi mutra (Elephant’s urine) - 13 litre
- Bakuchi churna (Psoralea corylifolia) - 1200 gms
Description of Ingredients
- Hathi’s Lida - Elephant’s dung is made from a variety of plants and leaves and has more medicinal properties. Inhaling the smoke of the dung will heal the headache and also relieves form toothache. Paste of this dung is helpful in treating skin issues.
- Hathi Mutra - Elephant’s urine is salty in taste and is effective in worm infestation and various skin disorders. Also it is useful in constipation, urine retention, piles etc.
- Bakuchi Churna - This powder has a sweet and bitter taste. So it is useful in Pitta disorders. It is effective in skin disorders.
Method of Preparation
- Take this dung and properly burn this dung over flames.
- Take that burnt part for about 12 kg and properly filtrate.
- Then mix this with urine (13 litres).
- Then decant this mixture for approximately 24 hours.
- Next day remove the blackish part.
- Kept this mixture in stainless steel container.
- Take that 12 kg elephant’s dung and mix 1/10 part of bakuchi churna and heat over low flame.
- When urine is dried off then place this medicine in the tray.
- Make 1-1 gm tablets and kept in glass container.
Avalgujadi gutika is an Ayurvedic formulation and very effective in Vitiligo disease (a skin disorder). The ingredients in this formulation has Astringent property which purifies blood and also pacifies pitta Dosha. This is also used in various skin disorders.
How To Apply
Apply over affected part after abrading the tablet with water twice a day.
Take under medical supervision.