Reference: Ashtanga Hridayam
Avalgujadi Lepa is an alkaline formulation in the form of paste. It consists of herbs and minerals. It is used to treat Leucoderma and other skin disorders.
- Avalguja beeja (Psoralea corylifolia)
- Haratala (Arsenic trisulphide)
- Gomutra / Cow urine
Method of Preparation
Clean the ingredients and triturate Psoralea corylifolia seeds and Haratala with cow urine. This paste should be stored in an air tight container away from heat, light and moisture.
Apply a thin and even layer of this paste on the affected area and keep it for half an hour and wash it off afterwards.
- Skin disorders
- It helps in removing white patches and in regaining color of the skin
- Self-medication should be avoided.
- It shouldn't be consumed during pregnancy and lactation.
- In some people, this Lepa irritates and causes eruptions on the skin. You should stop using the product if irritations persists. To soothe the skin clarified butter can be applied.
- This formulation causes loss of hair over the applied areas.