Marma Gulika (Vati)
Reference - Sahasrayogam Gutika prakarana 53.
Marma Gulika (Vati) is very effective ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from mixture of herbs. Marmas are known as special pressure points present in the body, so this formulation is efficient to treat the problems related to marma places.
- Rakta chandana – Pterocarpus santalinus
- Sahasravedhi – Rumex vesicarius
- Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus root
- Vidari – Pueraria tuberosa
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Jivanti – Leptadenia reticulata
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Varahi – Tacca aspera
- Tavaksheeri – Curcuma angustifolia
- Amalaki – Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
- Durva – Cynodon dactylon
- Yashti – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Kumari – Aloe vera
- Chandana – Santalum album
- Hrivera – Pavonia odorata
- Usheera – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Shuddha Shilajatu – Asphaltum
- Prasarini – Paederia foetida
- Kozappu – Lonika
- Plaksha – Ficus lacor
- Pullani – calycopteris floribunda
- Katabhi - Celastrus paniculatus
- Lodhra – Symplocos racemosa
- Nyagrodha – Ficus bengalensis
- Udumbara – Ficus racemosa
- Ashwattha – Ficus religiosa
- Nara – Eugenia jambolana
- Karamarda – Carissa congesta
- Darvi – Berberis aristata
- Pashanabheda – Aerva lanata
- Mudga – Averrhoa carambola
- Masha – Vigna radiata
- Ela – Elettaria cardamomum
Method of Preparation
- Take ingredients number 1 to 23 up to 192 grams.
- Powder all these herbs.
- Make the water decoction of these herbs by boiling mixture of powder in 9.2 liters and boil till this is reduced up to 2.304 liters volume.
- Filter this decoction.
- Now, take the ingredients from 24 to 33 up to 96 grams and pashanabheda up to 384 grams.
- Powder the ingredients, make its water decoction and then filter it.
- At last take ingredients from number 35 to 37 up to 768 grams.
- Powder the ingredients, make its decoction and filter in the last.
- Now mix all the decoction products and make its paste.
- Now make the tablets from this paste.
Marma Gulika (Vati) is an effectual Ayurvedic formulation that helps to keep the Vata, Pitta and kapha balanced.
This Ayurvedic medicine is very helpful in to provide healing effect in disease linked to heart, brain, urinary system, liver etc. It is even useful in external injuries to vital organs.
It possesses anti-inflammatory property, which helps to lessen edema, eliminating the excessive fluid out of the body, thereby reducing swelling and provides relief from its discomfort. It also provides relief from rheumatic pain. It is able to heal wounds, bruises and fall injuries, imparting relief from swelling, redness and pain on wounds and boils. It is helpful in drainage of abscess too. It even provides benefits in urinary conditions, as in gonorrhea, reduces the excessive discharge, reduces burning sensation, and provides soothing effect to patient. It imparts relief from painful micturition, supports easy passing of urine.
Provides beneficial results in nervous disorders, effective in syncope and helpful in giddiness as well as faintness. It reduces headache effectively.
- Pain in body
- White discharge
- Heart diseases
- Liver diseases
- Urinary tract infections
- Nervous disorders
- Two tablets, one or two times a day, before or after meals.
- Apply on injuries as its external use.
- During leucorrhea and micturition consume in coconut water.
Take under medical prescription