Reference: Vaidyajivana, Kshaya roga Chikitsa
Lashunadi Vati is an herbal formulation in a tablet form. It is used in treating diarrhea, dyspepsia, and intestinal disorders. Lashun means garlic and that is the prime ingredient of this formulation. It equalizes Kapha and Vata and also enhances pitta.
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
- Saindhav Lavana (Rock salt)
- Shudh Gandhaka (Purified Sulphur)
- Saunth/ dry ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Sufficient amount of lemon juice
Method of Preparation
Clean and grind all the ingredients to a fine powder and mix in sufficient amount of lemon juice and mix it till it forms the consistency of a paste and make tablets from it and let these tablets be in the dryer till they harden. Now, store them in a clean and dry place in an air tight jar.
1 to 2 tablets twice daily with water or as prescribed by your doctor.
- Low digestive power
- Intestinal ailments
- Stomach ailments
- Over dosage is discouraged as it might cause burning sensation in stomach.
- As it contains salt, patients with hypertension should take it under strict medical advice.